Chapter 30

Chapter 30

                                Aerial’s Point of View

                “The zipper won’t go up!” Aubrey cried, as she tugged on the zipper that was stuck on the back of Clarice’s wedding dress.

                Clarice’s eyes widened, as all of us bridesmaids began to rush over to where Aubrey was kneeling down. We all tried to pull the zipper up, but it wouldn’t budge, at all.

                “Are you kidding me?” Clarice panicked, as she glanced over her shoulder at the back of her dress. “I didn’t gain any weight! I made sure that I kept a perfect figure for this day!”

                One of Clarice’s other bridesmaids, Alice, who was one of her close friends from college, pulled out a package of pins. “We’ll have to use this, for now. The guests are already arriving!” Alice said, as she hurried over to Clarice, as she carefully clipped the pins on the back of her dress, until it looked zipped up.

                Clarice sighed with relief, as she stared up at the clock above us. “Crap, crap, crap! It starts in fifteen minutes.” She gasped, as she looked over at her three bridesmaids. “Can you guys go check to see if the guy’s are ready yet?”

                Alice, Aubrey and Clarice’s closest cousin, Brennan, all rushed out of the room. I was about to go leave with them to find the guys, but Clarice stopped me. “Aerial, can you stay behind?” Clarice asked hopefully.

                I smiled, as I nodded. “It’s your wedding day, Clarice. You don’t need to ask me for anything.” I teased, as I reached over to wipe away a small smudge of rosy red lipstick that was on the corner of her lips.

                Clarice rolled her eyes, as she spun around in her chair, facing the mirror. She studied herself for a long time, before she let out a deep breath of air. “I can’t believe I’m actually getting married today.” She paused, before glancing over at me in the mirror. “Thanks for being my maid of honor, Aerial.”

                I let out a soft laugh, as I smiled. “We’ve been through a lot together, haven’t we?”

                Clarice nodded, as her eyes began to get watery. I gave her a warning look, as I reached over to hand her a tissue. “Clarice, no tears, okay?” I laughed, as Clarice gently dabbed her eyes. “You didn’t pay that makeup artist a hundred bucks for nothing.”

                The blonde chuckled, as she shook her head. “Sorry, Aerial. I was just thinking about how hard it was to get to where I am today.”

                I smiled, opening my mouth to tell her how much she meant to me, but before a word escaped my lips, the girls came running back into the dressing room. “The guys are all ready!” Brennan smiled.

                “And may I add, Hayden looks hot in a tuxedo.” Aubrey smiled dreamily, twirling a piece of her red curls.

                We all laughed, as a small figure suddenly appeared from behind Aubrey’s legs. I grinned, kneeling down, as Aiden came running into my arms.

                “Auntie Aerial!” Aiden squealed, as I picked him up.

                “Aiden!” I smiled, fixing his short, tousled blonde hair that he managed to get messy. “You look so handsome in a suit!” Aiden looked like the cutest boy alive in his little black tuxedo. He had a single red bow that was a bit lopsided, as I straightened it out for him.