Naamloos deel 19

Louis knocked on the door firmly, wondering why Harry was trying to hide behind him yet trying to make it look completely natural.

A tired brown eyed haired woman answered the door, her eyes lighting up as soon as she saw the feathered haired boy, clearly recognizing him. But the glowing smile was soon replaced by a confused expression. "Louis Tomlinson...what do you seem to be doing at our house so early in the morning?" She asked motherly.

Louis really didn't know what to reply; not knowing who he assumed to be Harry's mother would like him to say. He nudged the hiding boy behind him, who the woman probably didn't take notice of, encouraging Harry to come out into the open.

Reluctantly he came out from behind Louis, a regretful look on his face, like he wasn't ready to look his mother in the eyes. He decided to sneak a glance up at the woman who once loved him, only to see her face reddening from anger.

"Harry?!"

"Hi Mum..." He whispered, his head resting against Louis' shoulder, him trying to bury himself into Louis' warmth. He saw the look his mother gave him, one of fury, probably at the name he used for her. "Anne..." He corrected himself. The lady's face softened a tiny bit, turning to a hint of sorrow but then straight back to anger.

"What brings you around-" She asks but was quickly and rudely cut off; Harry didn't want her to continue and reveal to Louis the fact that he was kicked out and was never supposed to show his face again.

"We need a place to stay" Harry said, not raising his voice at all, leading to him having to repeat himself. Anne contemplated the plea he offered, she didn't want Harry back in the house, not after what he had done, it wasn't safe.

"Him too?" She asked, pointing to Louis, who nodded to respond. Hopeful look filled both their faces, even though Harry knew his mother would never approve of him coming back home, even if just for a day. She took a while before answering which seemed suspicious to the blue eyed boy; shouldn't it be a parent's instinct to help their child in their time of need yet that didn't seem like the situation at the moment.

Just when Harry was about to pull Louis along, going to tell him that they'll find another place, Anne said, "Yes. You may stay here" sternly. Both boys found some sense of relief in the answer. Both of them lightened up a bit when they saw Anne's face change from anger to motherly, as she invited Louis in, leaving Harry to come in on his own. "Darling, Harry's room is upstairs, last door down the hall. Why don't you rest and get comfortable" She said to Louis, letting him go upstairs in an instant.

Harry was about to follow, when his wrist was jerked back roughly. The happiness was gone from his mum's face as rage replaced it once again. "What are you doing back here? Didn't your dad and I tell you we don't want you back here? Didn't we tell you we didn't ever want to see your face again? What makes you think you can just come back here?" She shouted in a whisper, trying not to make a scene and have Louis hear.

She had more questions but they were quickly cut off by Louis' loud voice booming through the house, "Harry, can you come please?". Harry bid a quick goodbye to his mom, who wouldn't refuse him going to do whatever Louis asked for because well he was Louis Tomlinson. He rushed up the stairs and down the hall, to see Louis waiting in the open doorway.

"Why did you call? Is everything okay?" Harry asked, slightly out of breath. Wordlessly, the shorter boy grabbed his big hand, leading him inside his own room and down onto the bed. He went to the door to lock it securely, not wanting others to be present or hear them.

"What's going on?" The feathered haired boy asked, leaning against the door. "And don't even think of lying to me..." he whispered as an afterthought. Harry contemplated actually telling the truth, hesitating for minutes because he really didn't even know where to start and what to say. He didn't want to scare Louis away, he didn't want the love of his life to leave because of his screwed up past. Louis saw the nervousness on his face; he walked up to him, sitting down right beside the taller lad. "You can tell me anything" Louis said, grabbing Harry's large hand and placing a gentle kiss upon it.

"And you won't leave again?" Harry asked whimpering as the thought of Louis leaving came to mind. He could already feel the tears build up in his eyes and he tried so hard not to show them. Louis didn't say anything to Harry's question only kissing him with so much love, making the answer obvious.

"Harry...I don't like seeing you upset and stressed and worried. Tell me what's wrong...maybe I can help" Louis encouraged.

Taking a deep breath, Harry started his story. "When I was 17, I had to go to juvie...prison for kids" He chuckled, trying to lighten the mood, but he could see the concentration on Louis' face as a sign for him to continue. "It was because I...was charged with murder" He continued, his voice going weak. Louis didn't say anything but instead of moving away like anyone would've done, he moved closer, leaving no space between them as he held the trembling Harry in his arms. "Lou, I swear I didn't do it on purpose, it wasn't my fault, it was an accident. This boy put something in my drink and next thing I knew I woke up by a lake next to a dead body. Louis I don't know how it happened. I swear" Harry ranted, tripping on his own words and getting chocked up through the tears.

Louis wasn't the one to judge though. He knew Harry could never do anything like that. It was a misunderstanding or he was under the influence and it wasn't his fault. Harry honestly couldn't be more relieved that he was still in Louis' warmth; for sure he thought Louis would leave, but he was still here and thank the lord for that. "Anything else...?" Louis asked, not knowing if there was more to the story.

"I'm not allowed in this house anymore..." Harry whispered and he could feel Louis' face mould into one of confusion against his skin when those words were uttered. "When I got out of juvie, I came back and I wasn't even allowed in the house. Mum and Dad said they never want to see me again and that there was no point coming back. They told me I was a disgrace. They practically disowned me...left me on to fend for myself". As he said that he could feel more tears rushing down his face, soon to be wiped away by Louis' petite hands.

"That's also why I was hired to kidnap you...Derek had found my criminal record and he thought I could do it. But I swear I didn't want to, it's just I didn't have a choice! I was practically starving and I needed the money. Louis I am so so sorry" Harry finished, his words still stuttering and hesitant though.

The tan boy pulled Harry up, sitting in front of him, face to face. "Don't apologize for something that isn't your fault" He coaxed, trying to make Harry smile a bit. "Harry, I'm so sorry you had to go through that. You didn't deserve it at all" Louis whispered, his blue eyes connected with Harry's green ones.

"You're not going to leave right? Please don't leave" Harry said, tears drying on his cheeks.

"Never. Would never even think about it" Louis said, leaning in to press a loving yet chaste kiss to Harry's plump lips. He gently guided Harry up from the bed, walking slowly, hand in hand to the door and down the hall.

"Where are you taking me?" Harry asked warily.

"I don't know but if you're not welcome here then we don' need to be here. We'll find somewhere else to stay"

"Louis, my mum doesn't have any objection against you staying. She would hate me even more if I made you leave" Harry reasoned.

"But I don't like her for making you leave. And if you leave then I'm leaving too" Louis said, smiling in loyalty as he dragged Harry down the hallway.

They were just at the top of the stairs, when they suddenly halted, seeing the person at the door. Both boys got in a bit of a hurry to go to the man and ask him for help like they had planned. Rushing down the stairs, Harry running faster than Louis reaching the door first, leaving Louis to take his time, he was met by the man in the blue uniform. It was a shock as to why he was here but Harry wasn't going to complain; Louis and he needed the help from him so he wasn't the one to question the police officer at the door.

Harry was just about to say something, when the officer spoke first, "Harry Styles, you are under arrest for the kidnapping of Louis Tomlinson"