Family Reunions are Better With Swords, Don't You Think?

I cannot tell you how glad I was at that moment to have worn trousers to the dedication instead of a dress much to Grandpapa's criticism. Imagine how awkward that flip would have been. I mean dresses are a little breezier than trousers, dress in the face. Anyway...

Loki helped me up to my feet, "We need to leave."

"I need to make a stop first. You're after the Infinity Stones, yes? I'm not going to where some of them are kept without the means to give someone a really bad day."

"How far? I have plenty of weapons. I do not wish to linger in this dimension any longer than what is needed."

I started walking a few feet and stopped at a sewer, "Not far, I don't go anywhere without a destination in mind."

Kneeling down I muttered some words. To me, it sounded like "Compartment, show me what you hold." Really boring right? But to anyone else standing it sounded like a spell (which I guess it was) in Egyptian. And NO, I am not going to write that all down in hieroglyphics or a mismatch of English and hope you try to sound it out. I am not going to kill my hand and brainpower, please and thank you.

Anyhow the top of the sewer lid seemed to dissolve and inside it was a beautiful sword with intricate designs on its pommel. Lying across it was a plain leather scabbard.

The sirens were getting even louder now as the police grew closer following the trail of destruction we had left in our wake. Needless to say, it was extensive. I still feel guilty for the destruction of so many people's homes and businesses. In my defense I was drawing him away from others, it could have been worse. At least I had the decency to not lead him down into the Tube. I do not need to deal with angry Londoners not being able to do their daily commute because some angry guy wearing horns with a pointy stick blew up the track. Trust me, angry Londoners can be nasty.

After retrieving the sword, Loki drew the Tesseract out of the air then enveloped us in a portal. As soon we were through, we were standing in a large warehouse. From the high windows, I could tell wherever we were it was raining a lot.

Part of the warehouse was separated from the rest to form a sort of living area, sort of. It had comfy chairs and two couches, a refrigerator, and a coffee table; you know, normal living room type stuff. Now add that with weapons and a strange tall device making peculiar noises which purpose escaped me and was connected to a computer. Add some scary-looking men and women dressed only in black or sometimes very very dark grey, and you got yourself a cozy space! I have a feeling that if Batman did not have the Bat-Cave, this is where he would hang out.

The rest of the warehouse was devoted to what looked like a military operation. Coordinates and maps were scattered everywhere with several people surrounding them and talking in low tones. Another group opposite the "living room" side of the warehouse, were doing some sort of drill. Whenever someone walked past Loki and me, they would avert their eyes from Loki, but when they saw me they would give a double take. Maybe my hair was still smoking from being blasted at. If I saw a weird looking girl standing casually by Loki with smoking hair I would do a double take too.

He completely ignored them and said, "What I don't understand is how today is the first time I've ever heard that there was an Emotion Infinity Stone. That would mean there are seven when I know there are six." he turned to face me. "Why is that?"

Before I could answer, I felt a weapon pressed against the small of my back, and I smiled. I was immensely familiar with this gesture and what was pressing against my back, all my family were. Flipping around before they could react, I brought out my own sword and pressed it against their throat. They did the same with a sword that was an exact copy of my own with a few differences.