Captain America and the Winter Soldier (Hey Why Mess With a Good Title?)

I wrapped a black headscarf around my head. Usually, I wear a colorful scarf when I am in this form, but today black was required. A few weeks had passed since my birthday and Loki acquired the Power Stone. At that moment I could no longer stand being human. With so many emotions from so many species flowing through me, it is hard staying as one species. I have no control over it, it just happens. 

My body randomly says, 'Well! Time to be something different!' I feel gross and prickly until I change into the new form I was currently feeling. When this happens I have no control of the when or where or even the what. I cannot change gender, and age is not usually something that changes but sometimes it does. I cannot change to look like someone else either. Sure I could change my form whenever I wanted, but it was always best for my physical and mental health if I stick with the form I was feeling.

There was one little problem. That day I needed to be human and was feeling very not human. Also, I sort of forgot to mention that I could do this to Loki or anyone else. I was worried about how Loki would react when he found out.

I undid the headscarf though it was how I wanted it to be, it was not how I needed it to be. A twi'lek is not a normal sight so I had to hide the fact that I was not human (at least at that moment and no I was not changing back). I piled my two lekku (head tails for those who do not know) on my head and wrapped the scarf around my head to hide them and tied the scarf in an elegant knot in the front. Even with my lekku out of sight I still had a problem. Most humans were not the color of Perry the Platypus.

I solved most of that problem by wearing a black jumpsuit that covered my entire body with combat boots and gloves. Before I could solve the problem of my face, there was a commotion down below with what sounded like the cry of a child. There were no children in Lord Jefferson's mansion. Especially no children with Loki's or Titus' lot, 18 was the youngest any of us were.

I ran down from my room to see what the ruckus was. Honestly, this change of location was a blessing. I have no idea why we did not start here in the first place instead of the warehouse. We had to move here after Loki and my....little chat. Titus was right doing it outside alongside getting the supplies drew too much attention.

Getting on the front lawn I found people circled around an intruder, their weapons pointed at them. I could not see who the intruder could be. I pushed through the group and found a little boy with a tear-streaked face holding one of those cheap wooden planes in the shape of a star destroyer close to his chest.

"How did a child get through our defenses?" A man asked.

Titus shook his head, "He shouldn't have been able to."

"Well he did, and we can't keep him alive now. He has seen too much," the man said, re-pointing his gun at the child.

I raised my hand to stop him and those who had followed his example. Loki was gone on one of his secretive missions, so I was the next in charge even before Titus. I did not see how killing the poor child would help the situation. If anything it would more likely cause us more trouble and possibly force us to move again. I had grown comfortable here and was not in the mood to move.

Kneeling down in front of the boy I asked, "You like Star Wars?"

He was shaking pretty badly but he managed a nod. I smiled and pushed a feeling of calmness through it. Immediately he stopped shaking and managed a shaky deep breath. Honestly, I do not blame the kid. He probably lost his plane over the boundaries and kept flying it not knowing he was doing anything wrong. Now he was surrounded by scary mercenaries with scary weapons and now they were threatening to kill him. What kid wouldn't be scared out of their wits?

"I like Star Wars too. Do you want to know a secret?" I asked him to which he nodded. "I'm from the Star Wars universe, you want to see?"

I undid my head wrap and let down my lekku. His eyes grew wide and he moved forward hesitantly and quickly touched my lekku to see if they were real. He pulled away faster than lightning. I made my right lekku's tip lift a bit on its own, which in twi'leki means hello. His eyes grew wider.