Prologue

It sucks finding out the person you dedicated 3 years of your life to is cheating on you. I didn't want to believe it when I caught my boyfriend, Dylan in bed with another person. I felt the tears run down my cheeks as I looked at the two figures, Dylan pushed the girl off of him and quickly ran over to me. 

"b-babe this..this isn't what it looks like." He said placing his hand on my shoulder but I quickly swatted it away, I just stood there looking down at the floor my fist clenched so tightly. 

"B-Babe, please let me ex-" I didn't even let that prick finish because I punched him right across that stupid face of his causing him to fall back the girl gasped with her hands covering her mouth. I finally looked at him tears slightly running down my cheeks and my teeth clenched. 

"G-Get the fuck out of here!" I shouted 

"I never want to see you a-again! Leave!" I grabbed his clothes and started tossing them out of the room. He got up and grabbed my arm.

"Babe please don't do this! Let me explain." He said I quickly moved my arm away from his grip. 

"Get out or I'm calling the police." The girl quickly got up and slipped on one of his t-shirts gathering all her items and walking out of the room. 

"Wh-where are you going?!" he shouted she turned around as she opened the door. 

"Uh yeah I have a warrant for my arrest and I'm not in the mood to deal with cops sooo.." 

She shut the door I looked over at him with my arms crossed. Dylan sighed and grabbed all of his things, he slowly walked towards the door with his head hanging low as he finally stepped out into the hallway he looked up at me with this fake sad expression on his face. 

"You're really gonna kick me out?" He said softly

 I just looked at him dead in the face and shut the door locking it in the process. My legs gave up on me as I slid down the door onto my knees and finally let go. I remembered crying all night and having lofi hip hop on repeat. 

I moved out of that place a year later because my ex-boyfriend kept coming to my place after I blocked him from messaging or calling me. I live in this small apartment in Lake View Chicago, I work at a cafe by Millennium park until 3 P.M. then at 5 P.M. I work at the bar until midnight, rent isn't exactly cheap here and I'v been trying to find a roommate to help out but so far nothing, so I started doing commission for my art work to make a little bit of extra money it's doing okay but I don't get a lot of orders, it gets pretty exhausting coming back from work and starting a project, so I take 10 minute power naps and fuel up with a little bit with caffeine. 

That's been my entire routine since I moved in about a year ago and for an entire year no one has moved into the apartment next to mine, I should probably be grateful since I didn't have to deal with shitty neighbors. But that quickly changed, when my landlord, Theresa came by my place to collect rent and I asked her about the place. 

"How come no one's moved into the apartment next to mine, is it haunted or something?" I asked she laughed and shook her head. 

"No nothing's wrong with the place its just no ones rented it out until now." She said I looked at her with confusion. 

"Now..?" She turned to me and nodded. 

"Oh yeah you're gonna have two new neighbors! They're brothers, twins actually!" She smiled 

"Oh do they seem...nice?" I asked. She smiled 

"Oh yeah! sweet as peaches and very adorable." She said wiggling her eyebrows I laughed. Few days pass after our talk and as I was heading off to work I saw the boxes outside the apartment door, I looked at the lettering on the boxes it was all in Japanese. As I was turning around I straight up bumped into someone carrying a large amount of boxes and other items causing them to drop a few things. 

"Oh shit! I'm so sorry I didn't mean to bump into you." I said

I bent down picking up a few of the fallen boxes, I stood back up and looked at the person who I bumped into; my heart jumped out of my chest when I got a good look at this boy. He smiled at me and grabbed the boxes out of my hands. 

"Hey that's alright just watch where your going next time okay?" He said setting the boxes down by the door. I blushed and scratched the back of my neck. 

"O-okay again I-I'm s-sorry." Fuck this guy is hot when my landlord said they'd be adorable I thought they were gonna be somewhat cute not super attractive, wait where was the other one?

"D-Don't you have a b-bother?" I asked he looked at me confused 

"How do you know I have a brother?" he asked 

fuck. 

"L-Lucky guess...?" I nervously giggled damn I made this 10x awkward. I looked at the time on my phone and did a fake gasp. 

"O-Oh would you look at time! I'm gonna be late for work, I have to go i-it was nice meeting you b-bye!" I frantically said as I quickly descended down the stairs, I wasn't really late for work I just wanted to get the fuck out of that situation. I went into the parking garage where my car was parked, I unlocked my car and got in it. 

I screamed.

"FUCK WHY AM I SO AWKWARD!" I sighed and looked up immediate regret because now there was another cute guy with boxes looking at me slightly scared and confused, I smiled awkwardly and slightly waved at him he gave me a slight concerning smile and walked away. I wanted to die.  

Now I'm at work with a few minutes to spare dreading to go back home.