Romeo and Julian part 3

Julian kept struggling and screaming, attracting the attention of everyone else in the house because both the door to the room and the balcony's window-door were now open.

His parents rushed in in time to witness the heartbreaking scene.

The truth finally dawned on the poor nanny who gasped. "You were trying to hang yourself?" she murmured, and Julian's mother gasped too and ran to her son's side. Her husband joined her and there were now three people holding him down.

Julian couldn't move anymore and his sobs became even more desperate.

"Please let me die, I can't live without Romeo, please, I know he's dead, I want to go to him please."

He kept crying his heart out and his mother hugged him crying with him. Mr Capulet said, "Don't speak like this, son, don't waste your life for a troublemaker like that Romeo, he wouldn't have died if he didn't fight."

Julian pushed him away. "You don't know him!" he yelled. "He died to save my life, don't you ever speak of him!"

His mother's heart ached, did Romeo save her son's life? She had been told that he got stabbed in a fight, she didn't know about this.

"If that's true, then why are you wasting his sacrifice? Do you think he'd be happy to know that you threw away the life he died saving?" she told him, and these words hit him hard, he stopped struggling but he kept crying.

Now Laurence could loosen his hold and breath again; everyone fell silent but for Julian loud cries, and the old nanny stepped forward.

"He isn't dead yet," she said, and her words echoed in the room.

"What?" Julian murmured, and stopped crying while a new hope entered his heart.

"It's true," Laurence said now that he was able to speak. "He hasn't woken up yet but he's still alive."

"I have to see him," Julian stated, and they let him get up. "I need to see him."

Mrs Capulet took her son's hand.
"Let's go visit him then," she said uncaring of her husband's concerned look.

"Wait, are you sure..."

She interrupted him harshly. "If he saved our son's life, shouldn't we be there thanking him?"

Julian clang to her arm in hope, and the two women led him out, one on each side of him. Laurence followed right behind, and after a moment of hesitation his father joined them.

At the Montague's house, Romeo was still unconscious. The doctors had patched him up saying that he now needed to rest and wake up on his own, the only thing they could do now was wait.

His parents stayed by his side and were holding his hands when Mercutio came in with the sad news.

Mr Montague stood up. "What is it Mercutio?"

"I just heard, the Capulet son died too."

Mrs Capulet cried at those words and her husband erupted, "My son is not dead yet! Watch your words Mercutio!"

But at those words Romeo's body shook and the machine attached to him gave out a loud constant sound that terrified them.

She held his hand calling his name in fear, while her husband yelled for the doctors. The nurse assigned to him rushed forward and worked hard to get Romeo's heart to beat again.

When the doctor arrived, he had managed to get a weak heartbeat back, but it was so feeble that their hopes weren't high.

"He's too weak," the doctor said. "He needs to fight back, maybe you should talk to him, remind him of the reasons why he should wake up, tell him that those who love him are waiting for him here."