Marching Band

This is a wholesome one🥰

———————————————

Peter is many things. Spider-Man, genius, adopted son of Tony Stark, student, and one other thing...

Musician.

He has been learning instruments since he could walk. In the short 15 years he has been alive, he's learned around 23 instruments, including cello, piano, violin, tuba, flute, and many more.

Thing is....the Avengers don't have a clue of Peters musical talents, but they were about to find out...

Peter was calmly walking through the band room going to get his mellophone (A/N that's a marching French horn) to head out to the football field for rehearsal when he remembered that he was supposed to be at a meeting with his Dad. *RING RING* "Hey kiddo, where are you?? Mom's starting to worry." "H-hey Dad!" Peter stated nervously, "I forgot to tell you I have...decathlon today!" Tony wasn't believing him because the only time he hesitates is when he's hiding something or lying, but decided to let it slide. "Alright kid just be careful coming home." Tony said. "Ok Dad! I love you! Tell Mom I said I love her!" Peter said happily, "I will kiddo. Bye." "Bye Dad!" Tony hung up the phone confused as to why his kid was lying to him and was considering getting into a suit to investigate but was pulled back into the meeting by Pepper.

Peter quickly grabbed his instrument and rushed to the field, fearing he was going to be late. The entire reason he was so committed to keeping him being musically talented a secret was he knew the Avengers would take it extremely far and this year was no different, but in fact more important he kept it a secret because he beat his entire section as a sophomore for a mellophone solo in the show. So no, the Avengers WERE NOT going to find out.

"Peter amazing job on the solo as always!" Mr. Cole said after rehearsal was done and the show finished with Peter's solo and a big hit from the entire band, "Thank you sir, I really appreciate it!" Peter responded happily, "It's no problem kid, you've got talent." Peter smiled and said goodbye to his friends and began his walk home.

Time skip because the author is sleep deprived

Peter arrived home to be greeted by the entire team laid out on the couch half of them asleep watching Frozen. Luckily the one person he wanted to talk to was awake. "Hey Mom?" He said as he walked into the kitchen to see his mother starting to cook dinner, "Hey sweetie, you ok?" She asked as she saw the nervous look on her sons face. "What's you opinion on kids in marching band?" "Marching band?? Where did that come from?" Pepper asked as she dried her hands on a dish towel, after starting the pasta.

"Oh well you see...I uh have a new friend and he's in the marching band at school! So I was curious about your opinion on it..?" Peter stated nervously, Pepper smiled at the mini Stark and said, "As long as they are happy with what they are doing and aren't putting themselves or others in mortal danger I'm always happy for them." "Really?! Thanks Mom!!" The young one yelled as he ran to hug his Mom before running off to his room.

Pepper chuckled to herself, being a mom had a ton of advantages, one of which being able to read her son like an open book. She's known he's been in band for awhile but chooses not to say anything but marching band? Oh that's just to good not to pass up. She called out to her husband, who she knew was awake, "Hey Tony! Come here for a minute!"

Tony's POV

Uh Oh "Comin'!" I walked into the kitchen to see my wife laughing to herself, "You ok honey?" "Oh me? Oh yea I'm good but I just thought maybe everyone would want to take a field trip?" She said, "To where...?" I questioned, "Oh just a high school football game this Friday." I was confused as to why she wants the entire team to go to a football game for high school kids but I saw a mischievous look in her eyes and knew she was up to something. "Why would we go to one of those?" "Oh", she turned to stir the pasta, "our son is performing."

Oh this is gonna be good...

PLEASE WELCOME YET ANOTHER TIME SKIP BECAUSE THE AUTHOR IS EXTREMELY LAZY

(We also back in regular POV)

Friday finally arrived and to say the least Peter was nervous. He was going to be performing his solo for the first time tonight at the football game in front of the entire school. "Hey Pete! You excited for tonight??" Ned asked excitedly, "Hey man! I'm more nervous than anything. I mean come on, it's a SOLO and I'm a sophomore!" Peter exclaimed, panic starting to ensure, "Dude you're going to be fine and if you freak out just improvise." Ned stated calmly, "Yeah...yeah you're right, I just can't get over the fact that I feel like something is going to happen. Like my spidey-sense has been going crazy since Tuesday after rehearsal. It's like it's trying to warn me not of danger but embarrassment." "Dude it's totally your nerves being shot. Don't sweat it." Ned said. Yeah...nerves...

Heh now presenting another time skip because school takes to long

"PLEASE WELCOME TO THE FIELD THE MIDTOWN HIGH SCHOOL MARCHING BAND" the announcer said, and Peter was leading the band this week so he was first on the field and he looked up to see the Avengers sitting in the crowd. Oh no..

"YEAH GO PETE!!"
"THATS MY KID!!"
"GO GET EM'!!

Peter had to keep his cool for the fact he had 145 kids waiting for the signal to go to set to start the show. Peter gave the signal and everyone went to the beginning on the show and began. Throughout the performance Peter's eyes would drift from the drum major to his family, who kept their eyes on him, but Peter finally just relaxed and had as much fun on the field as he could and the Avengers were shocked to see how much fun he was having.

They were approaching the final few charts of the show and it was now time for Peter's solo. Peter walked up onto the prop facing a microphone and took a deep breath, looked over at his family and saw his Dad with tears in his eyes, smiled a bit and began to play the best he's ever played and even went for the extremely high note and hit it right before the band ended the show with the hit.

"Pep, that's-that's our son!!" Tony said through tears and looked at the rest of the team and saw they also had tears in their eyes, including Loki.

The entire band ran off the field yelling in pride for Peter, who as a sophomore, gave one of the best performances on mellophone they've ever heard. Peter could not stop smiling with pride, happiness, and love for this activity. "Hey Bambi." The young musician turned to see his Dad with tears rolling down his face and an extremely proud look on his face, "DAD!!!" "What did you think? Did you like it? Please don't be mad I didn't tell you!!.." Peter kept rambling but was cut off by his dad pulling him into a hug and hold his soft curls and just saying, "I am so so proud of you kiddo." Peter smiled and just snuggled further into his fathers chest.

Within in the next week a music room had been built in the tower and Peter was constantly found in there, was even choosing it over patrol on SOME nights...

From then one Tony never missed a football game or a competition and could not have been prouder to see his son as the head drum major the very next year and after every performance he would always say, "I'm so so proud of you Bambi." while holding his son close.

———————————————————

THIS IS SO WHOLESOME OH MY GOODNESS!! I kinda got carried away with this one, only because I'm in the marching band at my school.

Please let me know if you enjoyed it and comment what you would like to see me write.

Love you all!!