Before You Go

Yet another sad update.

It does have some fluff in it.

I'm also writing on my phone and that's why I've just kinda disappeared for awhile cause it's really difficult to write on my phone even though I can type faster on here.

Anyways enjoy :)

Warnings: hinting towards suicide
————————————————————————

I fell by the wayside like everyone else
I hate you, I hate you, I hate you, but I was just kidding myself

Tony could never hate him. He knew why it had come to this.

Our every moment, I start to replace
'Cause now that they're gone, all I hear are the words that I needed to say

He wished he told him how much he loved and adored him.

When you hurt under the surface
Like troubled water running cold
Well, time can heal, but this won't

He knew this wound would never heal. Only he could heal it.

So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make your heart beat better?
If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather

He softly sang his favorite song as he ran his hand through the matted curls upon the pillow.

So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make it all stop hurting?
It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless
So, before you go

Tony grabbed the limp hand, carefully avoiding the bandages on his wrist and let the notes of his song fly off his tongue.

Was never the right time, whenever you called
Went little by little by little until there was nothing at all

He did listen. He listened to all the voicemails everyday. He looked at all the texts. He only wished he responded.

Our every moment, I start to replay
But all I can think about is seeing that look on your face

Tony kept seeing his smile, hearing his laugh. He let his mind wander to those late nights in the lab which turned into movie nights.

When you hurt under the surface
Like troubled water running cold
Well, some can heal, but this won't

Tony kept singing to him, still silently praying he would open his eyes.

So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make your heart beat better?
If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather

Tony never left his side, he kept listening to the heart monitor, feeling a slight relief that it was still beeping.

So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make it all stop hurting?
It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless
So, before you go

He stirred at the last few notes, his eyes slowly opening, searching for the source of the music.

Would we be better off by now
If I'd have let my walls come down?

Tony kept singing as when he locked eyes with him, softly smiling as tears ran down his face.

Maybe, I guess we'll never know
You know, you know

Tears welled up in the child's eyes and Tony kept going, brushing the matted curls from his face.

Before you go
Was there something I could've said to make your heart beat better?
If only I'd have known you had a storm to weather

Tony wiped the tears falling from his child's eyes and kept his grip on his other hand.

So, before you go
Was there something I could've said to make it all stop hurting?
It kills me how your mind can make you feel so worthless
So, before you go

As the last few notes lingered in the air, the duo kept their eyes locked on each other, neither daring to break the silence.

"Daddy?", he asked like a small child, breaking into tears.

"I'm right here bambino, I'm right here." Tony said as he climbed into bed beside him.

"I-I'm sorry!" He cried, gripping Tony's shirt like a lifeline. "It's okay Bambi, it's okay. You're here now. You're okay and that's all that matters to me." Tony said.

It was then the reality of Tony remembering Peter's favorite song set in.

"You remembered my favorite song?" He asked, "Of course I remembered Pete. I remember all the things you tell me. Like I remember how when you get really frustrated with an equation you like to sit on the ceiling cause you swear it helps you calm down and keep working at the same time. I remember how when we watch scary movies you cuddle into my side so when the scary parts happen you can hide in my shoulder. I remember how hearing and focusing on my heartbeat can help calm you down from a panic attack. I remember all the little things you tell me kiddo, cause you are my kiddo." Tony said, pressing a kiss to his forehead.

Peter didn't say anything but just cuddled into Tony's side, sighing in contentment.

"I love you kiddo."

"I love you too Dad."

The duo then fell asleep, a sense on contentment filling the room.

—————————————————————————

Hey guys so I hoped you enjoyed that and like always, if you guys aren't okay and need someone to talk to, I am always here.

I know what's going on in the world is crazy so please if you need to rant or anything or need some advice do NOT hesitate to message me. I will respond and I will do my best to help you.

Love you guys