Shit, hi mom

Johnny POV
"Why is she so mad" Joey asked "because- I don't know" I say being completely scared of saying because him "unbelievable! I'm leaving" Brynn said rolling her eyes "what's your problem" I ask Brynn "you. Ok look I get you not understanding her nickname but when you don't defend her in-front of your preppy,dumb, narcissistic jock friends that's when you cross the line Orlando" she says leaving "I just wanted to eat skittles in peace" Carson said getting up

"your leavening too" I ask "yeah um, dint get me wrong I would stay but Brynn and Kenzie would both murder me and also I don't think spending time with someone who is ashamed of my best friend is good" Carson says "I'm not ashamed of her" I say plainly "really Orlando, why does she never come to any if your games, or sit with us at lunch, or even just handout with us in the halls" Joey said "because she doesn't like that stuff. She has her things and I have mine we don't need those things to collide" I say

" look it sounds like you don't want her around us. I don't mean to be rude but do you even like her" Jacob asks (he was the other one) "of course I like her. And I would like her to be around y'all but she doesn't want to, she said she doesn't like to be judged and I'm not going to force her to do anything" I say getting up and leaving "really Orlando don't be like that" they yelled and all I did was flip them off.

After school
"Orlando" my coach called "you don't have practice today but we will have to work 2x as hard tomorrow" he said "why don't I have practice" I ask "someone called and said it was personal so you don't have practice. See you tomorrow" he said patting me on the back. "Hey why does Orlando get to go" some player said "family emergency" coach said.

Once I got outside I saw Kenzie on her phone leaning against my car. "Hey Kenzie" I say hoping she's not mad "hi Johnny" she says blandly "are you mad at me" I ask getting closer to her "no I'm fine" she says still looking at her phone "no your mad at me and I want to know why" I said wrapping my arms around her waist "can we just go home I'm not in the mood ok" she said pushing me off "yeah ok" I said not wanting to fight her.

The drive home was silent and not a comfortable silence. "We are here" I say softly "thank you for taking me home Johnny" she said unbuckling "I know I did something wrong but I need to know what it was so can you please tell me" I said turning to her "you know, I told you I didn't want to sit with them and that was the reason. They bullied me Johnny and it wasn't fun, and that started it again" she said looking like she was going to cry "I told then not to sit with us. It was not my intention to hurt your feelings" I said "but you did and I have homework to do so I gotta go" she said getting out my car.

About 40 minutes later
The doorbell had been ringing obsessively. "What" I yelled opening the door "um my dad is back for day 2 of yelling at my mom and I was wondering if I could hangout over til it stops" she said weakly smiling "um yeah, I was about to cook me something do you want anything" I asked "um no thanks I already ate" she said obviously lying "do you mind if I put in music but it doesn't have any lyrics just a beat" she asked "yeah"

"So do you have lyrics to this song or just the beat" I asked "I also have lyrics but this sing is just for me" she said shrugging her shoulders "did you hear we are now having assemblies every Thursday " I ask "yeah. They asked me to sing at a few of them and I'm singing at tomorrow's" she said writing something in her notebook "woah that must be fun" I say not knowing what to say "it's nerve racking because people will be judging me" she said still not looking up "I will beat up anyone who makes fun of you" I said "good luck with that" she said smiling.