Consequences

- June 20XX -

Rick (12:48 AM): Get together? How'd it go?

Rick (12:57 AM): I'll ttyl! Have fun!

Me (4:48 AM): I ended up sleeping haha

Rick (10:50 AM): I hope you got a lot of rest

Rick (12:19 PM): Say, idk if it's too early or not but is it possible I can take you out tomorrow night? My timing is probably horrible tho isn't it

Me (2:53 PM): Oh... Maybe if I'm feeling better. I'll give it a shot, but i'm not feeling too hot. (sad)

Me (2:54 PM): Sorry if I don't message you back. I'm really tired so I'm sleeping a lot.

And then promptly passed out again. Honestly, sleep was her best friend the last few days and in spite of her wanting it to be otherwise, she kept sleeping everywhere and anywhere she could. And while Shiro and Allura tried to keep her awake with some tea, she seemed to consistently fall asleep on the couch or on their eating table. Nothing worked and then the throwing up happened and quite frankly, it was the worst few days she's ever had.

- June 20XX -

Me (12:35 PM): I'm sorry Rick, I honestly don't feel so great.

Rick (12:36 PM): ): Oh! I'm sorry to hear that, do u want me to come by? I can bring soup.

Pidge stared for what felt like longer than she should have at his text message. There was a knock on the door and she blearily glanced up at Allura who looked in. "Oh, Pidge, it doesn't look like bed rest is doing you much," she murmured when she came in. There was a glass of water and what looked to be soup on a food tray. Shiro peeked in his head moments later.

"We should get you to a doctor; I know Matt will want me to." He came in but remained standing near the doorway.

All she's been doing was sleeping and getting up to barf what felt like every time she woke up. But it wasn't bad enough that a bit of sleep couldn't cure. Inwardly, she noted that it was probably impossible for her to work on anything if she's so exhausted and sick. It felt like all she wanted to do was sleep for the last few days, but then, she's been sleeping a lot even during the week of finals.

She hummed when Allura's hand touched her cheek. "Oh, Pidge." She turned to face Shiro, "We need to take her."

"No," Pidge managed and pulled away. "I'll be okay..."

There was a ring at the door that had the three of them exchanged looks. Allura and Shiro gave another to each other before Shiro lifted a hand and silently excused himself. She returned to Pidge and a minuscule smile crept across her face mostly in reassurance for herself and to soothe Pidge, "We'll get you to see a doctor, okay?"

She made a small grunt, understanding that there was no way around it at this point. Being on bed rest made it obvious that one wasn't well enough to even do even the most mundane of tasks. As much as she had wanted to hide it, it seemed she couldn't hide it anymore. More so when she had just thought that this was a regular cold that would go away in a couple of days. Instead, it persisted and only got worse. In the end, she had no choice but to agree with a small nod.

Her eyes drifted over to the doorframe and they grew wide when she saw the recognizable silhouette of her recently established boyfriend. Allura gave her a look and Shiro only looked puzzled. "Rick," she breathed, sitting forward to don the robe that was sitting on top of her comforter in her attempt to appear decent. "I didn't know you'd be coming by."

Allura paused, standing to place herself between Pidge and the male who approached. To any particular male, she was an intimidating woman who commanded respect and held an air about herself that demanded order. "Rick," she greeted, her voice cooler and formal that even her face fell into a practiced impassiveness. "I was not aware you'd be visiting us today." Even from where Pidge sat on her bed that she knew Allura would have words with her later.