Space

Being scared silly with the rest of her friends for the movie was perhaps what she needed to get out of the house and keep her mind off of Keith. It's only after when everyone was talking about the movie that—with surprising ease—she fell into step beside him as if they didn't ever have that argument.

"And that part where he shot out his hands and just scared the living daylights out of me—man, I thought I was going to die."

Keith chuckled. "They put in a lot of jump-scares in this one."

"But then after, why did the girl just go after him?" Pidge looked incredulously at him, demanding answers, and continued to rant about the individual scenes in the movie that either scared her or made her bewildered at the confusing actions of the main character when she got only a shrug in reply. What she failed to see was the fond expression that appeared instead of his typical indifference. "I mean, holy criminy, how did she just go after him without thinking about the guy that's out there—oh, I don't know—murdering all of her friends?"

Her flailing arms and long-winded rant were making her feel better, she had to admit. Being passionate about tearing apart a movie always got her in a good mood. As fun as the movie was, she still had to say that it was great to be feeling a semblance of "normal" again after the last few weeks of continuous nausea.

Keith shrugged next to her. "We'll never know. But at least, if we were ever caught in such a situation, I imagine we'd be smart enough to get around that sort of thing, right?"

"Right! Exactly!" Her eyes lit up, agreeing with him by pointing a hand at him before facing forward when they got to the cars. "Using our heads for once when we really need it."

Matt lifted a brow and he turned to face her with his hand on the car door handle of the passenger side. "But would you be really reacting calmly in such a situation?"

Shiro leaned against the roof of the car, matching Matt's expression, but he became thoughtful. "I'd like to think they'd do a good job, Matt." His dark eyes glanced in Matt's direction. "After all, they're all adults now and are quite the little geniuses in their own right."

"But Shiro, it's a hypothetical situation and it's really hard to say how we'd react without the use of our imagination and the uses of 'what if's' that you don't know if it would apply to you or not in such a given situation." Pidge came around to her side of the car and opened it.

Seconds after she spoke, Keith crossed his arms. "Pidge, we are talking hypothetically."

"Let's just say, we want to give ourselves the benefit of the doubt," Matt said, turning in his seat to face the pair in the back. "Giving us a fighting chance, so to speak, that we would do what defies the illogic of the movie and/or situation and we would counter with our own smarts."

Pidge shrugged and crossed her own arms in skepticism. "But would we? Would we really?"

"I'd like to think we would." Pidge glanced at Keith to note the wistful expression. "I mean, I don't know about you, but fighting back would be something I feel we would be able to do without a doubt. It's what we do best, right? We protect the people we care about."

After Shiro and Matt interjected a few more times of their thoughts on the idea, the drive home was filled with Shiro's and Matt's voices about another topic altogether. Eventually, Pidge resorted to her phone to occupy her idle time and found with surprise a text message waiting for her. She shot a glance at Keith and he simply gave a small awkward smile with a shrug before returning to his own phone.

Keith (12:32 AM): Sorry Pidge. I didn't mean to upset you last week.

She sighed. Forced to the confines of the small car and what would be a ride home, she supposed it's time to make up with Keith. While she was still confused by his behavior, she decided that if he confessed why he acted the way he did prior, she'd forgive him. (Honestly speaking, staying mad at him was near impossible.)