Slowly

When the morning came, Pidge could only lazily roll around in bed to blearily look at the time.

9:17 AM.

She flopped back with a groan and looked around the bedroom. Keith wasn't sleeping in bed, but she could faintly smell the mouthwatering scent of sausages, eggs, and, goodness, pancakes. Rolling out of bed with a soft sigh, she padded into the bathroom and found a brand new bottle of shampoo and conditioner (the same one she had at home) and body wash sitting on the counter.

Trying to ignore the fact her heart skipped a beat at his thoughtfulness; Pidge took that as a sign that he knew her morning routine. (Though, after what happened last night, this was a pleasant surprise.) After her shower (and checking over for any love bites left behind on her skin and found that there was only a few in places she could hide), she heard her phone ping, notifying her of a new text message. Wrapping a towel around her head, she made her way over and picked up her phone, only to find Allura's teasing in the messages.

Allura (11:13 PM): I see that since you've yet to call me that you want to come home that you will be staying the night at Keith's.

Allura (11:13 PM): ;^)

Allura (8:10 AM): Good morning! I think after your sleepover you should come home.

Allura (8:11 AM): After Keith shagged you and all, you must need some change of clothes.

Allura (8:12 AM): ;^))))

Allura (8:39 AM): You know, Keith is so considerate. Super cute. I highly approve.

"I swear to god, Allura," Pidge mumbled under her breath. The burn of her cheeks showed her embarrassment, and she was glad her best friend couldn't see it. But it's possible that both Shiro and Allura were going to be teasing them non-stop tonight when they come over for game night.

With a sigh, she typed up her reply.

Pidge (10:42 AM): You know, teasing me about this isn't making me want to tell you anything.

Pidge (10:42 AM): At all.

Allura (10:42 AM): What?! Why not? :(

Allura (10:43 AM): I only jest. Please, Pidge?

Pidge (10:43 AM): I'll think about it.

Victorious, Pidge put down her phone just as Keith popped his head in. When his eyes connected with hers, a smile crept onto his face. "Oh, you're up; breakfast is ready," he greeted.

"Hey, yourself," Pidge greeted back. "I'll be there in a second."

With that said, Keith disappeared back out to the kitchen. Pidge finished drying off and pulled on one of Keith's clean t-shirts. Satisfied that it came to her upper thighs, she headed out to breakfast.

— x — x —

A few hours later, Pidge's phone began to blow up when she was comfortably resting at home in her apartment. Allura wasn't home to tease her, thankfully, and Keith had to do something with work before being free for the afternoon and the rest of the evening. It was about 1:49 PM and the television was on with one of her favorite tv shows.

The little phone slipped out of her hand in surprise by how frequently it began to vibrate. The jingle that she had set for the notifications was barely able to keep up as one kept coming after another.

It dropped underneath the couch, and she irritably grumbled as she was forced to get on her knees and bent down to find where her vibrating phone had gone off to. About a minute passed when the phone finally stopped vibrating, but Pidge found it just seconds after. Groping for it, she stilled when she suddenly felt the hairs on the back of her neck raise in caution.