Chapter 10

+Y/N's P.O.V. +

I got started on my work. Today I had more office work. Since Mori looked into my files, he saw that I took MIS as a major in college. Since I took MIS as major, he thought it would be best that I made the plans. I was okay with the idea, but I still wanted to take on physical jobs. I don't complain to Mori because I like being in the Port Mafia. While being here I learned that they actually care a lot for Yokohama. They don't have any hate towards this beautiful city, they care for it. It's one of the reasons why I have stayed in the Port Mafia. They aren't just some ignorant people who just want to terrorize Yokohama, they take care of it in their own way. I'd just tell Chūya to take me on some of his jobs, even though he probably doesn't need me there.

+2 Hours Later +

Finally, I finished the work I got assigned to do. I closed my laptop and gather the files I was given to analyze. Getting up from my seat, I check the time on my phone and see I still have time to do another job. Turning off my phone and leaving my office to go to Chūya's office. I walked down the hallways and I bumped into someone. The bump caused me to drop everything on the floor.

"I'm so sorry." I apologized, and I picked up the papers that I dropped. The person I bumped into didn't even bother to help me. I didn't really care about it too much though. I got up to face the person.

"Y/N, you should be more careful next time, those files aren't just papers with words." Kōyō said, and I started to bow to her.

"I'm just kidding, you might bump into the wrong person one day." I nod to her in response.

"I'll be more careful next time." I said as I was about to walk away.

"Where are you going with those?" She asked me.

"To Chūya's office, he told me to give it to him after I finished my work." I responded to her.

She says, "He likes you.", my facial expression turned into a confused one.

"Huh?" I tilted my head in confusion, "He likes me..."

"Probably, I don't know. You are pretty, so he might find you beautiful and take a liking to you." She tilted her head to the side and gave me a smile.

"I feel like your just messing with me." I said.

"Of course I am." She chuckled, I couldn't believe she's so laid back.

"You're really laid back, may I ask why?" I wondered, why is she so kind and playful. Is it because she doesn't like me? Or maybe she doesn't trust me?

"I don't like being serious and stiff with everyone." She answered. Her answer sort of made sense but I still had questions.

"Well, I'll be on my way. Bye Kōyō, see you another day." I bowed to her and walked towards the elevator. I stood there waiting for the elevator and it opened. I went inside and pressed the button to Chūya's floor. While standing there, I got lost in my thoughts. The elevator opened. I walked out and went to his office. I get to his door and knocked.

"Who is it?" He asked.

"Y/N," I replied.

"Come in." His tone sounding tired, which was unusual. So I opened the door and walked inside. I see Chūya at his desk writing stuff down while looking at his desktop. He stopped for a moment to look at me and smile. After he smiled, he continued to work.

"Yes?" He said while writing.

"I came to return the files I was handed earlier." I tried to read what he was writing. I couldn't read it though.