Chapter 13

+Chūya P.O.V. +

Y/N and I had just come back from another job. It had been a while since we both went on a job together. So it felt nice to be with her again. The feelings I had for her grew stronger and stronger. I couldn't control them but I somehow did when I was around her. I was thinking when to ask her to be my girlfriend. I just didn't know when or when's the best time. I was about to talk to her but she giggled.

"So, what does my boyfriend want to do now?" She said and gave me a smile.

"Boyfriend? Since when-" I stopped mid sentence and remembered the time we went to dinner. She giggled.

"Are you going to call me that because I called you my girlfriend at the moment?" I said to her and she stopped walking. She looked over at me and said,

"It's funny to see you flustered." She cheerfully said and grabbed me by the hand.

"Let's see what you want to do." She walked and I trailed behind her.

We did many things. We went shopping, went to see a movie and went to a coffee shop. The signal she sends me is confusing. I don't know if she also likes me or she doesn't.

I'd tell Higuchi to ask her but not make it obvious that I asked her to do it. Or I could do it myself and ask her. I'll do both instead. I grabbed her soft hand and pulled her aside.

"What is it?" She asked.

"What do you feel about me?"

+Y/N P.O.V. +

Chūya asked about my feelings towards him. His sudden question shocked me. I felt my cheeks heat up and I couldn't restrain myself from smiling. Chūya caught me in the moment, so I couldn't speak. I couldn't talk, no words would come out. I forced myself to say something to him, so it wouldn't be more awkward.

"Ehm. I don't know. You asked me suddenly so I....umm. I feel my emotions mixed right now. Sorry I have to go." I ducked under his arms and ran towards home.

I felt my heart beat faster and faster. My hands started to sweat a lot. I felt nervous. I wanted to turn around and go back to Chūya. If I did, I would have to answer his question. I didn't even know how I felt about him.

Do I like Chūya ?

That was the main question I was asking myself. Do I like him or not? Before everything happened, I never had an issue with my emotions. Most of the time I was generally happy, I did have times where I was sad or angry. Not once was there an emotion that has confused me. Love was an emotion that was expressed by my family. I loved them and they loved me. That type of love was never confusing, but somehow feelings for someone else are confusing. It was just a simple question that made me think.

I tried my best throughout the day to forget about what had happened, but it kept bugging me. I couldn't keep my mind off of it. I'm sort of glad Chūya asked me that, if he didn't the relationship we had would've been mixed up. Now that I called him my 'boyfriend' because of what happened the other day, I must've made him question my feelings for him. I don't blame though. If someone would do that to me, I would've thought they liked me.

I wanted to put this situation aside, but I couldn't. I couldn't just leave Chūya bewildered. I needed to know how I felt about him. I wanted to find the answer for me and him. I felt overwhelmed, so I went home for the day.

+ Time skip +

I opened the door to my apartment and plopped down on my couch. I relaxed my body and took deep breaths. I turned my body to the side and looked out the window. It was twilight outside. It looked beautiful outside, I felt more relaxed looking at the sky. There was also another way I could relax, which is smoking.