Part 11: Alecia

Epilogue: Twenty Years Later

Dear Future Readers

This is Alecia Lewis one of the 2 co-directors of the Melville USA camp as of 2035. To all those reading this you should know that the story accounted within this journal is true. Griffin Jacobs and Eva Page have also written parts of their accounts of what we now call The Fall as well.

This will be the first and last official entry into this book, accounting the past 20 years. Most other information you wish to find should be in the Melville camp records.

4/23/2039

Well weve been living here for 20 years now. In the second year Griffin and I proved to the two past leaders that we were stronger than them, thus making us the two new leaders. Our camp as grown some. Not much, but enough that we expanded the clearing the camp is in some. Our gardens are growing quickly thanks to those with nature-based abilities and the river is still flowing with clean, clear water. We could live here for as long as we want. Weve sent a few scouting troops out and have found that nature is taking back over the ruined cities and towns. A few years ago, we received some radio transitions from other countries. We translated them to find that there are other camps like ours out there. We have communicated a few times but there isnt really a quick or easy way to get to them, so we just have decided to keep in contact every 30 days or so. Thus far we have a network of 15 camps including ourselves. 1 in northern Canada, 3 somewhere in central America, 3 in south America, 5 in Asia, and 2 in Africa. From what we know they are all roughly our size or smaller. So, 96 times 15 is 1440. I guess there are roughly 1440 people left in the world. Thats depressing but its all of us left so we will make do. Maybe one day we might even repopulate the world again. I dont know. All I'm worried about is our camp surviving to the next day, or next month, or even to the next year. This camp has been running strong for 20 years now and we will keep going as long as we can with the help of our newfound allies.

This is Melville camp co-director Alecia Lewis signing off. May all those who read this account of events in the find them informational and maybe even a little inspiring.

Taking life one day at a time

Alecia Lewis