Chapter Five

Marinette anxiously glanced up from her phone when she spotted a large, white wall that extended across the entire block. Without giving it much thought, she naturally assumed that it had to be the Agreste Mansion.

She felt very intimated and just hoped that her experience would potentially be a good one.

She placed the leather strap back over her shoulder as she began to sprint towards the monstrous building. Her heart immediately sank when she realized that she was already thirteen minutes late.

How could I have been so careless? She scolded herself, imagining the countless repercussions that she would soon have to face.

With her hand tightly clenched around the strap of her backpack, and her lungs almost giving up, she eventually made it to the entrance of place.

She rested her body on the wall as she waited for someone to answer the intercom. Within two seconds, a feminine voice spoke through the speaker. She sounded rather annoyed, which in turn gave the poor teen raging anxiety.

"Uhm... Hello? Would you... Uh... Mind letting me in? I'm here for pan patience- I mean band practice!"

The voice didn't seem amused by the bluenette's slip up. "May I ask for a name?" She asked in a monotone.

"Oh! Uhm, yes... Marinette?"

It took approximately thirty seconds, for the unwelcoming voice to break the silence. "Yes, Mlle Dupain Cheng. You may enter, but don't ever be late again!"

Marinette felt an overwhelming amount of negative emotions at that very instant. Maybe she should have declined the offer from the very beginning... It wasn't her fault that she got lost! But then again... These people didn't seem to care.

Just then, the huge, black fence opened, giving her a mini heart attack. She was a little reluctant, but she eventually made it inside.

Her racing heart couldn't seem to settle down as she moved closer towards the front door. She rubbed her hands together, trying her very best to relax. She didn't even know why she was stressing so much...

She shook her head in annoyance, and fixed her posture. She put on her masked confidence and knocked on the front door.

It took several seconds for someone to open the door. Holding onto the doorknob was a middle-aged woman with blue hair that seemed to conceal a red streak. She had fierce blue eyes that looked down upon Marinette through her glasses.

The awkward teenager gave the woman a smile, but in return she didn't receive one back. She quickly looked away while rubbing her neck.

"Mlle Dupain Cheng," the blue-eyed woman coldly said while staring intensely at Marinette. "Adrien is out back. You may walk down the passage until you find a single red door. When you reach it, you will know that you have arrived."

The bluenette gave the woman a confused look. The way she spoke was rather intimidating as her face remained expressionless throughout their entire conversation.

She attempted to say something, but she stopped herself before any words came. Frankly, she didn't even know what to say. She felt so unbelievably awkward, and this situation was doing nothing to help sooth her racing nerves.

She slowly nodded her head, but before she could turn around, the woman quickly spoke up.

"And Marinette?"

She anxiously looked up at the woman as she waited for her to continue.

"Yes?"

"Don't get yourself into any sort of trouble."