1.3 tuesday mornings

MAN OF HONOR
Martina,

without any context

please tell me what's
Eileen's favorite restaurant.

BRIDEY
hello to you as well

I am doing ok, rehearsals are
a lot of fun

why would you need her favorite
restaurant?

MAN OF HONOR
because other than us all
of our friends have plans today

so I was gonna take her there
after we get off from work

you know like a nice person

BRIDEY
humm

I want to say so much
but I promised not to meddle

(Martina thought back to the strong worded voice memo she'd gotten after Conroy left Eileen. all she had ever wanted for her friend was happiness, even when they were not in each other's lives. and on the other hand, May knew this was how Aaron tested waters when he began to feel differently about someone. all in all, they would probably make a nice couple.)

BRIDEY
please don't make me regret
this

and also know you're dead if
you break her heart. there's like
twenty different people who'd
come after your head for it.

MAN OF HONOR
I have no plans of doing that

and we're barely friends so hold
your horses

BRIDEY
barely friends, right

hold your horses? You sound
older than Betty White.

also

martina has shared a location

if you had been living in New York City for more than a year then you'd begin to hear whispers of a restaurant located near Broadway that served the best burgers in that area, if you actually worked in the theater industry then this place was common knowledge and going to it was a post show tradition.

"hello, Dolly!" the pair, Eileen wearing a better looking version of Beetlejuice's blazer and Aaron in half of his Christian costume, greeted the waitress.

"you know, sometimes I think they hired her just for the irony of it." Aaron's smile was tired but his eyes shone.

"a restaurant right by the world's most famous theater hub, who'd let this opportunity pass?" she smiled right back at him liking this stage in their relationship.

they were in a moment that being friends was great, they were able to joke around with each other (making helping their friends all the more enjoyable), talked a lot but in the silence that followed Eileen realized something. they knew virtually nothing about each other, not favorites or funny high school stories or how they preferred to spend their weekends when work wasn't a thing.

I could keep it like this. it's good and comfortable and safe. but at the same time I am a thirty three years old woman who's still afraid of falling in love because of a boy from over fifteen years ago. what would my therapist say? probably something along the lines of he's not even that good of a person to hold so much power over your life and your allowing him to do so only prejudiced you in the long run, so maybe just say screw it and move on?

and just like most important decisions, there wasn't a grand gesture to announce it. Eileen Flanagan's great leap of faith had been sixteen years in the making but had finally happened in a quiet place in her heart. for the first time ever the idea of loving someone wasn't scary, instead it brought her a certain thrill to know that she might find what Jake had with May, Marina with Tom (in spite of their young age) or even her mother had found with her new husband, who treated her as she deserved. with a deep breath, a thirty three years old woman began to believe again.

"I know." he munched on some fries before speaking again.

"me too, I've been coming here for year and the owners confessed that her name's not even Dolly." his face lit up at the discovery and she decided not to fight her heart's joy at such a view.

"no way! but in the spirit of honesty I've also got a confession to make."

oh no.

"I asked Martina where I should bring you today." that's actually sweet.

"well, I appreciate your candor but maybe you could change things up next time."

next time. for some reason these words filled him with such excitement he began to choke on his soda.

"please don't die so you can properly ask me out one day." that made his situation even worse, some even leaking out of his nose.

"I'll do my best not to."

comeon_eileen tuesday mornings are for coffee, contemplation and going out for breakfast with people who take good pictures of me

23.8 k likes | 2678 comments
most relevant comments

polskidot I wonder who took this picture since I am currently not with you

notauntmay look at my best friend go!

sophiaannecaruso we've texted you something important in the chat!
comeon_eileen is it your coffee orders again?

tomholland2013 Nina has just painted her nails so I've been tasked with asking where this jacket you're wearing came from
comeon_eileen I've probably stolen it from @polskidot at some point
polskidot you did and I got it at Aeropostale nine years ago.

aarontveit Tuesday mornings will be for kicking you out of my car if you step on my seats again