1.4 monday trips

ERRANDS
hey

oh my God I sound like
an idiot from high school
who's tryna get something

please ignore me

(Aaron facepalmed in the safety of his make up cubicle. after their breakfast on Tuesday, when he'd seen her fresh faced (and slightly moody), he though her to be one of the most beautiful things he'd ever seen. while Martina did nothing but squeal, Jeremy said he was probably feeling things (good luck, man!). while he had some notion that this was going to happen, being aware of such things made interactions hard.)

SATEEN
screw you for making me
snort in front of people

but on the other hand never
mind

I feel like that's not what we
were about to discuss

ERRANDS
not really

I was just going to say that
I've got a game ready for our
long ass drive on Monday

(given their work lives were extremely chaotic, Monday became unofficial hang out days. Eileen didn't have a lot of friends out of work, where she spent most days anyway and Martina slept over every other night, so Mondays became days for doing stuff outside of her routine. lately that had been wedding tasks with Aaron, not that her newfound feelings were complaining.)

SATEEN
only if I get to pick our
soundtrack

ERRANDS
I'll pack the food

she counted the days until then with idle excitement, feeling as if they were about to enter a dangerous territory. this place where they were both aware of each other's feelings but hesitant all the same. for him it stemmed from a little fear, most people in his own life adored Eileen, plus his heart just knew this time was different. Eileen on the other hand wanted this badly but the past still had some control over her, knowing Conroy had returned most certainly did not help.

"you look happy." Wilhelm entered her office in a familiar fashion.

"I am happy, what a shocker, right? and also miss you, you haven't come over in almost a week, it feels wrong." Wil felt elated for his friend's budding happiness, hoping whatever was about to happen because of his announcement didn't have any part in ruining it.

"I just started painting the walls but I'll make it up to you with lasagna tonight." even if his dayjob was a glorified assistant slash handy man, Wilhelm Polski could cook like no other.

"great! now stop distracting me and say whatever you came here to." their close relationship both in and out of work allowed her to read him like a book, knowing his downcast eyes meant not so pleasant words would follow.

"you have another visitor." he grimaced in spite of being starstruck at whom he'd just talked to. "he's downstairs."

everyone had different ways to psych themselves up when facing difficult situations such as seeing people they didn't necessarily want to. Eileen got into the habit of stomping her feet a little harder than needed just to get that click clack sound to echo. for a reason she'd never figure out, it did wonders for her nerves.

"Miss Flanagan." Hugh's accent was a definite change from what she heard o a daily basis.

"Mister Jackman." though there was a deep dislike for the show he starred in, the woman loved him in pretty much anything else.

"Just Hugh is fine. I'm hoping you have a minute for us to talk." even if it was an affirmative sentence, intonation turned it into a question.

"sure, just follow me."

from: eileenflanagan@gmail.com
to: hughjackman@hotmail.com
sent at 22:34, 28/01/2020

Mister Jackman, because I refuse to call you Hugh (it feels deeply wrong), thank you for coming by the Winter Garden today. Our cast and crew feel a lot better knowing you feel as sorry for our little show as we do, and we thank you even more for you offer to help us find a new home.

I am attaching a list of people I've talked to already, color coded to show who could be called again and those it's better to put aside. I look forward to working on this together and am available for anything concerning this transition. Though I have struggled with this, it's a lot better if we all understand there's no option but moving forward.

with much gratitude,
Eileen.

from: hughjackman@hotmail.com
to: eileenflanagan@hotmail.com
sent at 23:02, 28/01/2020

Miss Flanagan, that's what I will stick to if you insist on sticking to Mister.

It is not often we see a show with such love and genuine passion around and it'll be my honor to help in anyway I can. I am so sorry for all the strife we've been causing and even if there's silence for a while, after all I am getting ready for a show and you're working Tuesday to Sunday, know that I am trying my best.

Your show is incredible and honest, I had tremendous fun watching it today. I hope all of you would like to watch MusicMan when it premieres as my guests.

Hugh.

sophiaannedcaruso nothing better than questionable Chinese food and us getting kicked out of a restaurant

67.9 k likes | 3456 comments

polskidot IF SOMEONE HADN'T THROWN AN ENTIRE BOX OF RICE ON ME THEN I WOULD NOT HAVE THROWN THE SODA BACK
comeon_eileen dude you're a thirty three years old man arguing over queer eye with a teen girl who sneezed and knocked it over by accident
polskidot can u please let me dramatic online? thanks

notauntmay that's it, none of you are going out without adult supervision
comeon_eileen HEY
aarontveit should I tell people you're busy then @notauntmay ?

(Eileen sat in her living room with a smile on her face. ever since there had been a conscious effort to be more in touch with her own feelings, things became easier and her coworkers/friends could see she'd gotten a lighter aura to herself.)

notauntmay only if I get to tell them what you did last time we went out to a restaurant.
comeon_eileen PLEASE DO
jeremyjordan PLEASE DON'T