What if? 🥀

Harry, I can't-

Please. Please Sirius. I wouldn't ask this if it wasn't needed. I can't anymore-”

James died for you to have-”

“-A good life! He died for me, sacrificed himself without knowing his wife would die too. He died in the hope that I will be happy and.. Do I look like I'm happy?”

Harry turned his head to Remus who was closer than before, his eyes silently begging, “Remus-”

Harry, love, I'm not sure we can take this decision-”

And why the fuck not? Aren't we a family? None of us are happy here! It's their war! Not mine, not us.”

Of course we are a family, Haz but-”

But what? Haven't we suffered enough? They don't need us. Mom and dad died for me, for us to be happy didn't they?

A few tears were running on his face, he didn't want to stay here in the hospital wing, didn't want to go back to the Dursley. Voldemort wanted to fight? He could fight with others.

Harry is right.” Sirius whispered.

Sirius, you can't possibly think-”

Moony, he's right. Look at us. We're a bunch of disaster because of the first war. We suffered enough. For once, just this one time, why couldn't we be happy? Who is going to die next if we stay? Me? You? Or Harry?

Remus didn't say anything, it would be a lie to say that he never wanted to take Harry and Sirius away from this. The only reason he wanted to fight was to not lose them, so what if?

Harry. Darling, listen to me, you're going back to your aunt's house,” The teenager's face fell suddenly, “and, we will come for you. We will leave this summer.

Harry looked at Remus, his eyes shinning with hope, “Really?

The werewolf smiled faintly and took him in his arms, “Yes, love. We're leaving.”