A Team Name?

"So, are we going to have like a team name? That could be cool."

...

"We don't need a team name."

...

"Actually, that could be pretty cool. We could be like the new X-men! Uh- and women."

...

"We're not going to be like the X-Men, or the Avengers or anyone. We're just trying to find Alina."

...

"What about The Tremendous TenIt's got a nice ring to it."

...

"It really hasn't."

...

"Besides, there will be eleven of us when we find Alina."

...

"If we find her."

...

"How about The'90s Kids?"

...

"We ain't kids anymore, although half of you still act like children."

...

"Look who's talking."

...

"Oh shut up."

...

"What about we call us A Mistake. Cause it's starting to seem like one."

...

"Inviting you is the only mistake I see."

...

"Alright, guys. Just calm down all of you."

  ...

"What about Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters Graduating Class Of 2012 ?"

...

"That is way too long. People aren't going to remember that."

...

"Exactly! How are we going to get famous if people can't remember our name."

...

"We aren't trying to get famous?"

...

"and by people, I was referring to Mai, not the general public."

...

"There's no need for that, is there really."

...

"Well, let's shortened it then. Xavier's Class of 2012 ?"

...

"Nah. The Class of 2012."

...

"I do like that actually."

...

"No one cares what you think."

...

"No one cares what YOU think!"

...

"and Co.12  if we need it extra short."

...

"It is better than The Tremendous Ten I suppose."

...

"So, is that settled then, we're going with The Class of 2012 ?"

...

"Settled? Are you even listening to what we're saying! We don't need a team name!"

...

=================================================

And that's how the group know as Co.12  and The Class of 2012 gained their name... over a long night of screaming matchs, near fist fights and alcohol. 

=================================================

'The Class of 2012' and the characters which make up the team are made for an adapted version of the Marvel Universe. If the MCU and the X-Men CU had a child, that somehow just 'worked', this adapted universe would be that child. As hinted at above the team consists of 10 ex-classmates which all graduated from Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters in... you guessed it... 2012. The team's/character's stories take place 6 years after graduating in which most of them are working full-time jobs and trying to deal with their own individual problems. They are brought back together to try and locate the whereabouts of Alina Atkinson [another former classmate] who had disappeared a year prior. The group struggles to work together so much so that the team often separates off into three smaller groups to avoid conflict or fights breaking out within the team. It's not much of a team and unfortunately, they leave it a little too late to start acting like the well-functioning team they have the potential to be.