Chapter 8

Maya's house...

Maya is preparing dish in the kitchen.

"Today, I'll make my speciality for Siddhant. He'll surely love it. He has to know what he'll miss."

She packs the lunch box and leaves to get ready for work. She gets ready for work and looks at herself one last time in the mirror.

"Aj wo Maya ka ek naya roop dekhega."

############################

Siddhant's house...

Siddhant was preparing breakfast for himself. Just then the doorbell rings.

"Kaun aya hoga itni subah? Mere ghar to kabhi koi nahi ata."

He opens the door. He sees a girl standing near the door picking up her bag which fell down.

"Actually my car broke, sir. So would you please ...."

"Tum..."

"Aap... Siddhant, what are you doing here?"

"Ragini, this is my house. I live here. But what are you doing here?"

"Oh. I didn't know that you live here. Actually my car broke and I saw a house nearby so thought to ask for help."

"Okay. Come. Let's see your car."

"I had a meeting with the sponsors and was returning home then suddenly the car stopped. I tried everything I could but the stupid car won't move a bit."

"The car is punctured. Looks like some kids spread the pins on the street."

Ragini got frustrated.

"Ahhh.... These kids. Now what should I do."

"I'll fix up with the stepney."

"Actually, Siddhant. There's no stepney. I did not get one after I used it the last time."

"Ragini, how careless of you."

"Hey, I was going to get one this week. I didn't know that today was the day."

"Okay. There's a garage nearby. I'll call the mechanic. He'll fix the tyre."

"I need some water...."

Siddhant looked on shocked.

"The kitchen. Oh... No..  my breakfast."

He ran towards his house. Ragini rushed after him. He switched off the gas.

"Gaya Mera breakfast."

"Sorry. It's all because of me."

"No, Ragini. What's your fault in this? I should have been attentive. Looks like I have to go to office empty stomach today."