Chapter 17

Siddhant was talking to himself standing in front of the mirror.

"Hum the aadmi kaam ke,
Ishq ne ghalib nikamma kar diya!"

He was remembering today's incidents and laughing at himself.

"Hume nahi lagta ki hum aur Ragini ke bina reh payenge. I think I should ask her for marriage."

He was blushing thinking about spending his whole life with Ragini

############################

Siddhant was entering a store just then he bumped into someone.

"Sorry."

"I'm sorry."

Both of them apologised simultaneously. They looked at each other and got surprised.

"Shravan!"

"S.. Sid.. Siddhant! Tum yaha?"

"Tum batao tum yaha kaise? When I asked you to accompany me, you said that you had some important work and now you are wandering in this mall."

Shravan became speechless. He was thinking of an excuse.

"I... I do have an important work here."

Siddhant raised his eyebrows.

"Here? In a jewelry store?"

Shravan looked down dejected, thinking of no way to escape the situation, he decided to speak the truth.

"Siddhant... The thing is I love Maya."

"Oh. That."

Siddhant was smiling. Shravan got shocked seeing him not get affected by his confession.

"You aren't surprised?"

"No."

Siddhant was walking inside the store and Shravan was following him.

"So you already knew that I love Maya."

"Yes, you duffer."

He turned and smacked Shravan's head.

"I have known you for a very long time. I know what is going on in your mind. The way you were following Maya everywhere in the fair like a love-sick puppy made it too obvious."

"So does she also know?"

"Probably, no."

"Thank God, she doesn't know then how I would've surprised her today? Today I'm going to confess to her."

"Good luck. But why were you making excuses of not meeting me? I also wanted to tell you something."

"I was making sure that she doesn't know this from anyone else. You work with her everyday and you two are so good friends. So I just thought that you might... just might tell her."