Chapter 13

"I want...."

"I'm going to...."

"I want to eat..."

Everyone got excited seeing the fair and were deciding where to go first. There was chaos everywhere except the silence of Maya. She tried to speak but nobody was attentive towards her then she raised her tone a bit and spoke.

"I have never been to a fair."

Everyone stopped talking and looked towards her. Ragini and Shravan asked in unison.

"What!!!!"

"I was always so busy in making my career that I never cared to enjoy. I have never attended a fair so I don't know what to do in a fair."

"Don't worry, Maya. Just look around and choose a stall or a ride which excites you."

Maya looked around and spotted a stall where various things were placed on a table and the visitors were throwing rings on the items. Maya smiled and signalled Siddhant towards it.

"I want to play that game."

"Okay, then. Come, we all will help you out."

Everyone went towards the stall. Shravan was trying to tell something to Ragini with his eyes. Ragini was not able to understand him.

"What are you saying, Shravan? Are you okay?"

Shravan looked into the other direction.

"What happened Shravan?

"Nothing Siddhant. I was trying to free my neck, it's paining a bit."

Shravan again started conveying something to Ragini. After a while, she understood what he was trying to say.

"I want to ride the merry-go-round. I'm going."

"Ragini wait, let Maya finish this game first then we will go to the merry-go-round."

"No, I'm going now."

Ragini left the place. Siddhant went behind her. Maya got a bit disheartened.

"Maya, I'm here. Your to be friend is here."

Maya smiled at him. Shravan passed her a ring.

"What do you wish to have? You throw the ring on that item."

"I want to have that teddy. But I'm not sure if I'll be able to put the ring over it."

"Just concentrate on the teddy and throw the ring."

Maya threw the ring but it hit the vendor.

"Sorry, bhaiya. I'm really sorry."

Shravan then took the second ring.

"I'm a pro at this. I'll help you out. Just observe how I play."

He threw the ring and it landed on a hair clip beside the teddy.