Confused

Cara's POV

" I am kinda confused." Richard said and I nodded.

I was feeling the same thing right now. Everything happened so fast that we couldn't even react on that.

" Same here, Bro." I said to him.

" Taxi. Get into it. First. Let's follow them." He pushed me into the taxi. "Follow the blue car." Richard said.

So, we came to have dinner with Nora as she was very upset today. We can understand. Her best friends were fired. So, she was so upset. We tried to lit up her mood. It was quite nice to hang out with her but when we were waiting for the taxi we got shocked about what we have seen.

It was Dean and Hugh who came to pick her up and she went away with them. I mean it was her who was saying that contacting with Dean and Hugh is not allowed for the employees and now it's her who is doing that thing. I am kinda confused about her actions. We found the blue car stopped in front of the building where Meryl lives cause we left Meryl here yesterday while coming back from office.

" They have come to meet Meryl?" Richard asked me. I shook my head.

" No idea." I said to him.

After 3 hours they left and we came back home. Richard was so sure that they went to meet Meryl and they are involved in something which is not right. But as long as I know Nora, Dean and Hugh I can say that money can't buy them. They are such a person who will always be loyal to people. I don't know about Meryl. May be I can test her later. I went to my room and slept cause the next day was a big day for us. A lot to do.

When the alarm started to ring in the morning I felt like I have just closed my eyes. I got up and got ready for office. When I reached there I found our boss talking to Meryl. I have seen them together several times. I got a feeling like they are more than close friends. But I just don't know what actually it is. I walked towards Meryl's cabin when boss left and she went to the cabin. She saw me and told me to have seat smilingly. She is a cute girl anyways.

" I have done some changes in the schedules, just recheck it and let me know if it's ok for you." I said to her smilingly.

" Sure, I will do that. No worries. Where is Richard by the way?" She asked me.

" He has gone to talk to Nora." I said.

" Oh, ok. I will check it then. Will we have the meeting next week? What has Nora said to you?" She asked me.

" She hasn't said anything till now. I was actually not bothering her cause she has a lot of work to do as Dean and Hugh are not here anymore." I said and she nodded.

" Alright, I got it." She said checking the schedule that I have made.

" Hmm." I said and she thought something for awhile before speaking up again.

" We actually can settle things by changing it a bit." She said still looking at the schedule.

" Like how?" I asked her.

" Let's make the easy part first then we will make the others." She said to me.

" Done." I said.

" And let's fix the meeting with the Finance team this Friday." She said to me. 

" It's better if we can fix it on Wednesday." I said.

" But you know we don't have our presentation ready still now." She said.

" Richard will handle it." I said.

" If that's it then I don't have any problem. But I want you to make it flawless. I want to show them a great team work. If Richard is handling the presentation then we can start to make the sketches and send talk to the textile house in the meantime." She said.

" Alright, you make the sketches I will talk to the textile house in person. Is that ok?" I asked her.

" Yeah, I am ok with that. Then let's discuss with Richard and start working. We have a few days more." Shr said to me.

" We will make it. Don't worry." I said and she nodded.

" I hope so." She said.

" Tell me one thing." I said.

" Yeah, sure. What is that?" She asked me.

" Why was boss here awhile back?" I asked her. Let's see her reaction.

" Who Finn?" She asked me.

" Yeah, Mr. Campbell." I said.

" I don't know. He might had some work with any of us." She said. I pouted not finding the expected reaction from her.

" Then why didn't he say anything?" I asked her and she rolled her eyes.

" May be he had some work with Richard then." She said.

" But he was looking at you intensely. I thought he is your boyfriend." I said and her eyes widened. I chuckled.

" What?! No. Not at all. He is not my boyfriend." She said and cleared her  throat. " May be he was here just to have a check on me." She said to me.

" Why will boss come and have a check on you if he is not interested in you?" I asked her.

" Because we are friends. Kinda family friends you can say. This why. Nothing else." She said to me. I nodded.

" I thought you guys are together. By the way, may be there is something which you don't know cause he hasn't told you." I said and she looked at me weirdly.

" There is nothing, Cara. He is just my boss in the office and a good friend outside of the office. That's it. No need to think something else, ok?" She said to me.

" Alright. If you say so. But I will still hold my opinion. May be things happen in future. You can't blame me for that. Can you?" I asked her winking at her and she chuckled.

" Yeah, yeah, keep your fingers crossed may be something happens in your dream." She said and I smirked at her.

" I know the expression in boys eyes and that eyes were not just showing a little concern for a friend, my dear. You may come to know soon." I said and she rolled her eyes.

" Like I will believe you." She said to me.

" Give me a nice treat on a fancy restaurant around when you guys get together. After all I am telling this to you at first. I deserve this, don't I?" I asked her and she rolled her eyes again.

" Go girl. Go do your work. Stop eating my brain." she said and I laughed.

" You will thank me later, girl. Mark my words." I said and walked out of the cabin. " Talk to you later. Now I need to talk to the textile house." I said to her.

Meryl might not involve in these things. We were thinking too much about it. Why will Meryl trap the Campbell's?! They are family friends. Besides Meryl doesn't need to do that. But what about Nora, Dean and Hugh?! What are they doing?! I am kinda confused now.