So Close

Sitting in my office, apples and honeysuckle suddenly consumed the room. Coba is ecstatic, jumping around and howling. She's wearing a beautiful white dress with her hair down. A few buttons left undone at the bottom so when she sat down a teasing peek of her inner thighs were visible.

"This is literally killing me

"This is literally killing me. I think I might die." Coba laughs and rolls his eyes.

"Calm down and breathe. You will get your chance."

"Says the overreactive pup when you're around her."

"Mr. Kane?" Her angelic voice called to me and my attention was immediately on her. She looked at me confused, with her pen and notepad in her lap.

"Please, call me Murphy." She smiled and looked down in her lap. Her face reddening by the second.

"Look at that! You made her blush. That's a start right?"

She looked back at me and stared.

"Right, so first, please tell me your name. In the events of yesterday, I forgot to ask you." I said patiently waiting.

"Rosalie Dillard, but you may call me Rosie if you'd like." Her eyes were looking anywhere but me as her face turned even brighter red. My chest feels like bursting. I need to touch her.

"Today you will shadow me. Take notes of things you hear and if you have any questions please ask me." She nodded and smiled. "Good, then we're off to the first meeting." I took lead and she followed closely beside me.

We enter the room and immediately I can feel her anxiety start to rise, but the closer she was to me the calmer she felt. The mate bond is working. I sit down at the end of the table and pulled her chair closer to me. She sat down and I felt her stress level ease up. Now on to business.

"I want to pull our investments with The Poker Club. Charlie hasn't made a profit in over six months. I'm not gonna waste my time on something that doesn't show promise." In this meeting are six of my most trusted investment advisers.

"Maybe we can put that money to better use in this." Duke, one of the less tolerable humans, said as he pulled a remote out of his pocket and pointed it to the projector. A picture of a shitty little strip club popped up on the screen. "It's a little strip joint I found near here. The owner Jack, is looking for investors so he can expand and remodel. Thoughts?" I glance at my mate who was busy jotting down notes when I see the slightest curl of her lip when he mentioned expanding.

"No." Duke looked surprised and extremely disappointed. My Rosie looked up from her notepad, then back down.

"But the profits he makes now, will double, even triple if he is allowed to expand!" Duke raised his voice making my mate jump. I stood up calmly but used my most intimidating look.

"First, never raise your voice at me again or you will find yourself investing all of your time with Jack. Second, we can find better things to invest money in than a sleazy strip club." To be completely honest, Duke's idea wasn't a bad one. I saw the income Jack makes in a month and it would triple if he was allowed to expand, but the fact that my mate was against it, was enough for me to shut the idea down.