A Proper Hello

*Few Days Later*

*At Work*

Sorting files and attending meetings. That is all we've been doing this week. Finally we have a moment to rest and sit in comfortable silence. She goes back to sorting files and I'm pretending to do work, when in reality, I can't stop staring at her. I can feel something was off, bothering her. Ever since that kiss we shared, she's been lost in her mind a lot. She still holds my hand from time to time, so not gonna complain too much. She stares off into space, getting lost in a rhythm of work she created. It kills me not knowing what she's thinking. I can't concentrate on anything but her.

"Rosie?" I softly call her. She attentively looks up. "You okay darlin'?" When she didn't answer, just stared at me, I sighed. "Come sit next to me." I pulled a chair beside me. She got up and walked over. I held out my hand and she took it, tangling our fingers. "Talk to me... please?"

"You said that those wolves I met that night are human..." She paused, so I corrected her.

"They have a human side, yes. The human and the wolf are two different beings, inhabiting one vessel. The perks are that the vessel can change and shift between forms. So we are half wolf and half human." She seemed interested and curious. I was just happy it wasn't about the kiss. I don't want to get ahead of myself but maybe we can push through this after all.

"So everyone but your mom was a wolf. Did their human halves not want to meet me?" Thank you Moon Goddess for making this so much easier. I smiled.

"No baby, they've actually been wanting to meet you but I didn't want to overwhelm you so I had them stay in wolf form. Since you had already met my mom, I thought she could be the exception." There was a small pause. "Plus she offered to make dinner." She giggled and my body responded in the most euphoric way. "My parents throw a barbecue every other weekend, this Saturday happens to be that particular weekend. Would you like to meet them officially? Their human half?" She looked down at our hands and gave mine a light squeeze. A burst of sparks shot through my hand. I could tell it did for her by her deep breath and relieved look.

"As long as I can hold your hand, I think that would be okay." She nodded and looked up at me.

"Don't be to upset with me but they already know not to touch you. I gave them strict instructions, with dire consequences." She looked down and smirked.

*****************

A giant weight was lifted off my chest. The mate bond was working a lot faster now. The more I was around her, the more comfortable she became with me. She wasn't afraid to initiate holding my hand, or sit a little closer. She already loved Coba, she loves wolves. I want to show her she can love me as well.

The hours seemed to fly by as it came time to go home. I watch as she cleans and organizes what's left of the papers. She's wearing figure hugging jeans that accentuated the bubbly-ness of her perfect heart shaped ass. My eyes were glued to it. Losing myself in a dream of fully claiming her as mine. The things I would do to to that ass. I feel a barrage of sparks consume my hand, up my arm and throughout my chest. Immediately Im pulled back to reality and look down to see a concerned looking mate.

"Where did you go?" She asked as she pulled the hand she was holding closer to herself and placed her other hand over the top, sandwiching my hand. Second wave of sparks ignited and rippled over me.