The Moon Goddess

*Early Morning*

*4:34 am*

I can't sleep. After her shower, her scent was stronger than ever. Drifting under my door and slowly replacing the oxygen.

"You need to relax. You being this flustered is making me frustrated."

"I can't. All I can focus on is her delicious scent all around me."

"Yeah well getting worked up over it, is only gonna hurt more, so tell your soldier to stand down."

That all too familiar scent of fear hits my nose and all my scenes are kicked into high gear. I jump out of bed and enter the hallway to hear talking coming from Rosie's room. I quietly open her door and see her uncomfortably tossing in bed.

"Please..... no more...." She sobbed at a whisper and a cold chill rushed my skin. The closer I got the more she spoke. "Trust him.... mates..." she mumbled, then her breathing became erratic. She gasped and shot up in a panic. I ran over and sat down next to her.

"Baby, you're okay, I'm here." I reached for her hand but before I could, she wrapped her arms around my neck and my entire body melted at her touch. I felt air rush my lungs and fill them to the point of bursting. As if I was taking my first breath after almost drowning. I was in shock. I sat there with her wrapped around me, afraid to do the one thing I'm literally dying to do for fear of ruining this beautiful moment. For however long it lasts, I was just going to enjoy whatever she gave me.

"Please..." She whispered, softly crying on my shoulder. Her warm tears soaking my shirt as she whimpered into my neck. "Please hold me." Without a second to spare I wrapped my arms around her and felt my world come crashing down.

"Mine." I growled to anyone within earshot. All my possessive mate instincts flooded my body. She stayed in my arms for a blissful moment, that was ruined by Thorn and Ruby rushing into the room.

"What's wrong!? I heard crying!" Ruby shouted making my mate jump. I growled. "Oh." She said in a softer tone. Shortly after, my mother and father barrel into the room, followed by Titus and Roxy. I growled loudly catching their attention. My Rosie burried her face deeper into my neck. I tightened my arms around her and turned my back to them.

"Out." I growled and heard my mother scoff.

"Well since everyone is up. I'll start breakfast." Mom lazily mumbled.

"At four in the morning woman? Are you mad? Get your ass back to bed." My father lightly growls. I hear a light pop and a soft giggle from my mom. I roll my eyes. Groans and mumbles fade and a quick click from the door being closed, my body immediately relaxes into hers. I put my nose into her hair and inhale her erotic aroma. Her sobs slowly go silent and she pulls away from me wiping her cheeks.

"What happened?" I asked gently as she stared at me.

"I was back at the sanctuary, sitting in the grass of Athena's enclosure. I was brushing her like I did every morning." I listened intently as she smiled for a split second remembering that moment. "Then this woman appeared. She told me not to be afraid of you. That you would protect me and love me." I furrowed my brows.

"Did this woman tell you her name?" I asked, brushing a lock of hair away from her face.

"Selene, I think." She looked off into the distance as she was thinking, then straight back at me. "Yeah, her name was Selene. She told me she made you for me." Her eyes harbouring so much emotion.