A Meeting of the Alphas

Sitting in the conference room, with Rosie on my right, Five Alphas began arriving one by one. I could feel my baby's tension but soon she relaxed as she held my hand with a death grip. When the last Alpha was seated the meeting began.

"Gentlemen, first I would like to thank you all for coming on such short notice." They all nodded. "Second, I would like to introduce my mate Rosalie Dillard. I know it is not custom for Lunas to attend such meetings but today we will make an exception." I turned to her. "Baby, I would like you to meet..." I pounted to the Alpha closest to me on my left. "Alpha Colson Black of The Blood Pride Pack. Next to him is, Alpha Lathan Bishop of The Lunar River Pack. Next is, Alpha Jared Bronson of The Crimson Star Pack, then Alpha Emmett Judson of The Mystic Darkmoon Pack, and lastly is Alpha Shepherd Dawson of The Arctic Nightshade Pack." She gave a small wave and a very shy hello, before sitting down in her chair. I sat down beside her and cleared my throat. "These Rogues are becoming more dangerous. They grow in numbers by the day and it has been brought to my attention that the humans are now going from territory to territory, removing any and all humans from their mates. We need to figure out a way to stop this before they do something to nullify the treaty altogether, for good." Silence rang in my ears for a few moments before Alpha Black spoke.

"Personally, I say we round up our best warriors from each pack and have ourselves a good ol' fashioned Rouge hunt. Kill all these bastards and let it be done with." A few other Alphas agreed.

"I agree with Alpha Black. The humans came into my territory and shot pack members trying to protect their mates and families. They took my mate and several other humans from my pack." Alpha Bishop's pain was more than readable on his face. He wasn't trying to hide the agony of being away from his mate. Hatred, anger and sadness were being projected from him with no restraint.

"I say we wipe out the humans. Problem solved." Alpha Dawson chimed in.

"That's counterproductive Dawson. One, they outnumber us by a million. Even if all the packs joined together, we still wouldn't come close to out numbering them. Two, some wolves have human mates. You gonna kill them too?" Alpha Judson raised his eyebrow at him.

"Blame The Moon Goddess for giving you such weaklings for mates. That's not my problem Judson." He looked around the room. "We are forces of mother nature herself. Dangerous creatures that can rip even the strongest Rogue to shreds in seconds. Killing the humans would be a stroll in the park." He eyed my Rosie, making Coba growl loudly. Sparks erupt through my hand and up my arm as she interlocks our fingers.

"Make another comment like that and you will be removed from this meeting." I growled lowly through gritted teeth. Taking a deep breath and doing my best to focus on the euphoric tingling traveling through me. I composed myself. "I need ideas that will help us keep the peace treaty, not destroy it."

"Pfft! The humans never cared or wanted this peace treaty Kane. My guess is there are maybe over a hundred thousand humans out there who despise our kind. Who want to see us roasting on their spits for Thanksgiving dinner." He seethed and stood abruptly. "We are stronger, faster and superior to her kind in every way, shape and form. We may not outnumber them, but we can certainly over power them, and shame on any wolf who just lets a weakling human take anything from them. Grow some teeth and use them." He spits on the floor before walking out and slamming the door. Im having a very hard time not running after him and teaching him a lesson in manners and respect, but what good would it do? Humans and wolves of similar mind like Dawson cant be reasoned with or have lessons beaten into them. It would only make them worse.

"I will set up a meeting with the human leaders and try to find a peaceful solution to this madness." Shock erupted throughout the room.

"Have you lost your mind boy?" Alpha Bronson asked leaning back in his seat. "As of right now the humans are unstable. Not thinking straight. They have one thing in mind and its to round up all humans and kill anything non-human in their path. They would kill you on sight. Then both your father and I would have no choice but to take Alpha Dawson up on his bat shit crazy idea."