4

Sitting at the bar nursing her third beer, she thought of what her future would be like now that all her dreams had come crashing down. She and Jade had spoken about having their own farm and adopting some children after a couple of years. Jade was so sincere when she spoke with Sang that she had believed every sugar coated word that fell from that beautiful mouth.

Knowing that everything was a lie, a cruel manipulation, she no longer felt that she could ever trust anyone or herself. How could she have been so fooled!

"Excuse me darlin', you look too mighty fine to be sitting alone at a bar drinkin' shit ale" said a gruff voice to her right. Looking over she saw an older man with a long grey beard and leathery skin, making it known that he has spent most of life outside in the sun.

With a sigh, the blonde peaks at the man with sad, beautiful eyes that has been through too much heartache, "Well, this is what I do when life continuously punches me in the face." She states while turning to look back down at her beer.

Blacksmith Roberts studies the young bird with many questions racing through his mind. Why are her hands covered in scars? Why come to a shit port in the middle of nowhere?

Knowing he should mind his own business but, wanting to help the bird because she reminded him of a few boys that were long lost he grunts out a "You be careful around these parts. There are dangerous pirates that port here and aren't afraid to put a pretty thing like you on their ship for entertainment."

Roberts wish he could do more for the young bird but with his wife Erica and step daughter Jessica waiting for him at home he can't take the chance. He won't lose another family member to the sea.