Party Invites

"So, can you come?" Brittany had been pestering me all day about her party she was having on Saturday. Her parents were out of town for 2 weeks. Brittany was taking full advantage of this occasion. She had had her boyfriend over almost every single day.

"Yeah, I'll see if Derek wants to come." I knew he would want to. An American party, please, it's every British boys' dream.

"There will be lots of empty bedrooms..." Brittany added wiggling her eyebrows.

"Stop. We've only been dating for 4 weeks." I reminded her, exasperated.

"Speak of the devil." Brittany whispered peering behind me. I turned coming towards me was Derek and his new posse. He had acquired a lot of friends since he had arrived here. Trailing behind him were The Jock, The Possible Gay, and The Artist (these were nicknames me and Brittany had made up, we didn't really know their names).

"Hey, babe." Derek slung his muscular arm around my shoulder. His posse slowly dispersed as we walked to ms. Grayson's class.

"So, um Brittany is having this party on Saturday and..."

"You were wondering if I wanted to be your date? Of course!" Derek was always finishing my sentences. Brittany thought it was weird. I thought that it meant he knew me well enough to guess what I am going to say.

"Pick me up at 7, ok?" I asked as Derek and I sat down at our seats. Derek nodded and pulled out his Language Arts binder. I reached down to pick up my binder an a note fell out. It read 'Movies? Meet me there at 7'. I recognized the handwriting quickly. I scribbled 'Yes' and passed it back to Derek. Our hands touched for a fleeting second. I pulled my hand away and thought about what to wear for the whole period.
____________________________________________________________
SO, HOW WAS THIS? I MIGHT BE RUNNING OUT OF IDEAS SO DON'T EXPECT A NEW CHAPTER AFTER CHAPTER 5. SORRY!

LOVE YOU MORE THAN CHOCOLATE