She's Not In Love With Me...

ALEX'S POV:

"Fine, don't believe me. Jenna is not in love with me. I'm taking her home, I'll see you early tomorrow morning." I said to Natalie as I stalked out of the room. Before I left I turned around to see her one more time. Natalie looked stunned and hurt. I took a step towards her, but I decided against it. Natalie was mad and kissing her would only aggravate her more.

"Lex, are you coming?" Jenna called up the stairs. I ran down and grabbed my phone. I called my dad's driver and told him top pick us up at Natalie's. I sat on the couch and looked up at Jenna.

"Natalie seems nice. How did you guys meet?" Jenna asked me, sitting next to me on the couch.

"Well, we actually met in fifth grade, but we didn't start talking until I dared my friend to ask her out..." I smiled remembering how I had meet Natalie.

"I dare you to ask her out." I told my friend Max, pointing at the back of Natalie's head. I slapped Max on the back as he got up to complete the dare. Natalie had been sitting with Candice and Brittany. Max walked up to Natalie and tapped her on the shoulder. Natalie whipped around, a smile dancing on her face. Brittany had turned around also and stared lovingly up at Max. I chuckled, and Max turned around to glare at me.

"Do you, uh want to go out sometime?" Max asked Natalie, scratching his head. Natalie's eyes widened and she turned to Brittany. Brit had tears in her eyes as she got up and ran out of the cafeteria. Natalie smiled shyly at Max and ran after Brit. After a while they came back, Brittany's eyes rimmed with red. Natalie reached p and slapped Max across the face.

"So...is that a no?" Max asked her, clutching his face. I couldn't help it. The laugh that I had been holding in burst out. Natalie peered around Max and saw me laughing. She flipped me off and turned back to her friends. I was instantly captivated with her...

"Lex, the driver is here." Jenna said, waving her hand in my face. I shook my head, realizing I had zoned out thinking about Natalie. Jenna pulled me up and grabbed my hand. I scowled down at our intertwined hands and she pulled away, smiling sheepishly.

The ride back to her house was long and uncomfortable. Finally, we reached Jenna's grandma's mansion. The driver pulled up the stone driveway and a spectacular white building came into view. There were Christmas trees shaped into the word 'Christmas'. I smiled and took a picture of it with my phone to show Natalie later.

"Alexander, its so nice to see you again!" A woman came around the corner, her white wheelchair blending in seamlessly with the white furniture inside the house. I smiled and leaned down to hug Jenna's grandma (I call her Grandma J)

"Hey Grandma J!" Grandma J scowled at my nickname for her. She had wanted me to call her by her first name, Jasmine. Jenna leaned down to hug her grandma, then pulled me upstairs to her room. Jenna's room matched the rest of the house. Pale colors and a lot of white. I found myself looking for a weird collection, like Natalie's ticket stub cork board. I was disappointed when I couldn't find anything. Jenna sat down on her bed and patted the space next to her. I sat down cautiously.

"Can you sleep with me?" Jenna asked, putting her hand on my thigh. I shot up from the bed.

"I-I can't, Jenna." I ran my hands threw my hair. Was Natalie right?

"No! J-Just lay next to me for ten minutes. The nightmares have come back." Jenna said, her eyes filled with fear. I sighed, Jenna had been having nightmares about her mom's death even though she died when Jenna was 4 years old. Jenna had gotten under her covers and I laid on top of them. We both knew that laying next to me was a sedative for her. The weariness of the day settled in and I fell asleep...

Oh god, Natalie was kissing me with so much force. I kissed her back, grateful she had forgiven me. I ran my hands up and down her back, making Natalie moan. Then she reached for my shirt.

"Lex," She whispered in my ear. I shot up, Natalie never called me Lex.

"God dammit Jenna! I was thinking about her." I hopped off Jenna's bed and slipped on my coat.

"I'm sorry Lex." Jenna said. I ignored her, I had to get back to Natalie. Natalie!