I'm In Love

Once Derek woke up, I broke up with him. I did not want to date a guy who, when he was drunk, was perverted. I did not cry or drown myself in ice cream like I did when I broke up with Alex. I did not do any of those thing for one reason: I was not in love with Derek. Sure, he was hot and had an adorable accent. I just wasn't in love! I might have been in like, but not love. I had fallen in love with Alex, and I was still in love with Alex. Alex was the bad boy. His parents were divorced, his dad didn't give a poop about him and his mom was engaged to the Papa John's guy. He was troubled, but I loved his flaws. I loved the way his eyes crinkled when he smiled and how he only had one cute dimple. I loved how when he hugged me, it felt like I was being smothered by a strong blanket. He was my other half, he just didn't know it.

"We need to talk," I pulled Alex up the stairs and into Brit's empty room. I locked the door and stood, with my arms crossed, over Alex's sitting form. He seemed extremely uncomfortable in Brittany's room. I eyed him as he looked around the room. When he saw me staring, he smirked.

"Why are we locked in a room alone?" Alex asked me, making me blush. I did not answer his question and crossed my arms tighter to try to enforce my authoritative appearance. I saw Alex staring at my chest and quickly loosened my arms.

"So,"

"So what?" Alex asked, furrowing his brow. His gray eyes twinkled in the dim lighting.

"So why did you punch out my ex-boyfriend?" Alex's look of confusion dissolved. He seemed amused.

"Your ex-boyfriend?" Alex looked hopeful. I nodded.

"I thought he was bothering you. And I-I am still in love with you, Natalie." Alex confessed to me. My eyes widened. So, Candice was right. Suddenly, a rush of anger overwhelmed me.

"You can't just do stuff like that! You cheated on me, remember? You hurt me, Alex. I-I don't think I can come back from that." I sniffled. I hadn't realized I had been crying.

"I lied."

"Yo-you what?" I stared at Alex in awe. Did we still have a chance?
__________________________________________________________
SORRY FOR THE SHORT CHAPTER. I THOUGHT IT WOULD BE BEST IF THERE WAS SUSPENSE.

LUV YOU MORE THAN NATALIE LOVES ICE CREAM! <3