How I Met Him (Prologue)

~Selene Sanders age:5~

I was five at the time. I was born in Wall Sina, but brought to Wall Maria to visit my grandmother.

My grandmother would always compliment my hair because of how smooth and long it was.

She said "It's quite a rare sight, my dear."

I felt happy. Too happy.

One day I was buying some bread when I ran into some men. They looked like thugs. Hungry thugs.

They peered over at my bread I was holding.

As it was an instinct, I ran off. I didn't go home because of how scared I was I refrain from thinking.

As I ran I saw my Father zip down near me.

He was in the Survey Corps as my mother was in the Garrison.

My little legs continued to run off. Not knowing where I was going, I went down some stairs under ground.

I heard my name being called, but I didn't stop running.

At this point you're probably thinking that I should've stopped.

But now, I'm glad I didn't stop.

I'm glad I kept running.

I passed some men that were standing by the stairs.

They didn't say anything. I quickly shoved the bread down my apron pocket.

I stopped running to catch my breath, but as soon as I got up straight I see a group of dirty men that smelled awful.

"Hello little girl, how about we play together? Follow me to my house, cutie." Said one of them.

Without saying a word I ran off again, not heading to the stairs if that's what you were wondering.

I end up in an ally. I turn around to see that I was cornered against the wall.

"C'mon on kid, lets go play now." Said the men as he smirked.

I started screaming my little head off that my whole face started to turn red. My throat was aching in pain, but it was my only option.

"Argh! Shut up!" One of them yelled, then he punches me in the cheek.

I fall to the floor from the hard punch. I started to cry, not just the pain in my cheek, but because I was scared to death.

Suddenly, one of the five, from the group, falls to the ground.

Then, they all fall to the ground.

A figure is seen, well not clearly. It walks towards me. It grabs my arm, then pulls me up.

"Get the hell up." It scowled.

Sounded like a boy?

"I'm sorry...what did you do to them?" I asked, still feeling shaken.

"Don't worry about it. Go home." He ordered.

"Wait, let me introduce myself. My name is Selene Sanders. What's yours?"

"...Levi..." He leads me out the ally.

Levi? That's a nice name.

"It's nice to meet you Levi!" I took out my hand to shake his.

"I don't do hand shakes kid." He looked towards me.

We finally got to see each other's faces.

He looked like a kid too so what was he saying?!

"Hey you're a kid too!...Wait... how old are you anyways?" I asked.