Mina and Selene (Chapter 9)

~Mina Carolina~

I was awoken by my roommate, Petra Ral. After being assigned to Selene's squad, her and I have been really good friends. Both Petra and Selene are like sisters to me in a way. Selene is the more responsible one and serious. Petra is the semi-opposite of her.

"Good Morning, Mina! It's about time we head downstairs to get breakfast. After that, we go outside to train with our Captain for a while. Hange is going to stop by to help with testing Eren's powers." Petra informs me.

"Okay, I'll be there in a second." I smiled, trying to sit up.

Petra leaves the room, leaving me alone and my thoughts.

I look over at my bag by my bedside. Grabbing the bag, I scavenged my hand in it to find a specific item I was looking for.

I take out a bloody Cadet Corps badge that belonged to a close friend of mine. She became too injured to continue on the Regiments and quit immediately.

She lost one of her fingers and lost some of her balance, which is a problem for using the 3DMG.

I place the badge back in my bag then got ready for the day.

~Selene Sanders~

I wake up to the sound of...Levi getting his belts on.

He tried to be quiet, but most of the time it doesn't work.

I flutter my eyes open to see him getting his Survey Corps jacket on.

"Good morning, Captain Selene." Levi teased a little.

"Shut up." I throw a pillow at him, but he catches it. "You don't have to stay quiet for me to sleep longer. We both have stuff to do. Us and our scouts." I get up from bed, stretching my arms and legs.

"Guess I should wake you up when I wake up. 3am." He smirked.

"Deadass, if you do, you won't be sleeping for the next month." I glared.

"I don't sleep often so it ain't much of a problem for me." He says, heading to the door. "I'll meet you downstairs." He leaves the room.

I quickly get changed into my uniform then dashed out the room. As I locked the bedroom, I see Mina walking down the hallway.

"Ah, good morning, Mina." I raised my hand a little to show a wave.

"Morning Capta- I mean Selene. Let's head down." Mina grabbed my arm, but then let's go out of sudden realization. "S-Sorry! It was a force of habit...my mom and I would always cling each other to our arms when walking in town...I really miss her."

I grab her hands, making her wrap them around my arm. "It's fine. Do whatever makes you feel comfortable." My cheeks turned a bit from the sudden action.

Mina's face was a bright red. "T-Thank you so much, Selene." She replied.

I node, and continued to walk with her around my arm.

We made it downstairs to have people look at us. Including Thomas and Levi.

They gave us a questioning look, but I just brushed it off.

Mina let go of me, then walked towards Petra to eat her breakfast.

I sat next to Levi. He looks over at me.

"So, what's going on with you and Mina?" He asks.

"She had a little...she just needed some support from a friend." I simply replied, taking a bite out my breakfast.

"Mhmm..okay. Hange will be coming over later in the afternoon to test on Eren, but will also speak to us both about the formations of the expedition coming up in a few days." He drinks his tea.