Mother (Chapter 5)

~Selene Sanders~

Nikole Sanders

She was helping another Garrison soldier with putting a corpse on a wagon.

I continue to walk over to her. "Hello mother."

After finishing up with the corpse, she looks at me. "Selene, it's been months since I last seen you." She takes down her mask as she smiles. "I know this is an awful time to ask this, but I feel like we won't have a chance to talk again in a while."

I only give her a node. My mother and I got along well compared to my father. Her and I are more relatable to each other.

I am mother's daughter.

"How have you been... before all this happened?" She asked.

"I've been good lately. Commander Erwin sent father and I back to deliver something. We didn't really expect anything like this we would return to. It's a bit difficult being in my father's squad." I explained.

"You'd rather be with Levi?" My mother smirked.

I kept a stoic face. "No, I just don't want to be with that man." I explained. She's really only half right though.

"I know that tone, missy. I get you and your father don't get along that well, but he's still your father. He loves you and wants to keep you close at all times." My mother tries to convince me.

"But mother!" I attempted to argue but was interrupted by a few cadets.

"Excuse me, Captain Selene Sanders. Commander Erwin is in need of you to report back to the wall. It's urgent... also I'm your biggest fan! I admire you so much!" One of the cadets spoke.

"Ugh, they really want me everywhere." I look at the cadets again. "I'll be there soon. I'm just finishing up some business with the Garrison."

The cadets node, leaving me and my mother.

"I still can't believe you're a captain, but don't have a squad."

"I'm sorry mother but I need to go. When I have the time I'll try talking to you again." I walked away.

"Bye Selene! Tell your father I said thank you!" My mother yelled as I continued walking away.

Let me explain the "Captain" situation.

After our expedition, Erwin wanted me to choose four or five cadets from the 104th cadets that graduated recently to train and be in my squad. I was stuck in my father's squad until then, but was treated as an actual captain.

A lot of scouts are nice to me. Mostly the males. I'm assuming because Levi and I are in a relationship.

But I hope that clears things up?

~~~

I land on top of the wall, seeing Levi, Erwin, Hange, and a few other scouts.

"Sorry I'm late. I was having a conversation with my mother. What happened?" I walked up to them.

"You and your father witnessed Graduate Eren Jeager turn into a Titan?" Erwin Asked.

"Not really, I only kept him from killing any other person. I did witness Eren going out of control in such. I did my best to save others, I really did. They were still new to fighting titans. And just to think...I'm choosing some of them to join my squad." I crossed my arms.

"Ah well...there is obviously going to be a trial with him. I need you, Hange, Levi, and Raiden in the meeting once we head back." Erwin ordered.

"Yes sir." I saluted.