I Want To Help Our Relationship (Chapter 7)

~Eren Jeager~
I saw everyone packing their things to head to that old castle. I wondered around, hoping to find someone to talk to. I end up outside, seeing Captain Selene and her squad.

That was when I realized that they were Mina and Thomas. My friends that she saved. She must have grown a connection to them.

I'm quite happy for them, a lot of people were hoping to be picked in her squad.

I walk up to the Captain. "Hey I-"

"Hiyah!" I get hit in the face with a foot. "Oh my! Damnit, are you alright kid?"

The Captain accidentally hit me. "Yes I'm fine." I got up. "That's quite some moves you got there. Who taught you that?" I asked.

"None other than Levi himself." She said with a stoic look. "Speaking of Levi, here he comes now. He seems quite mad."

I turn around seeing him stomping over. He really does look mad. I hid behind Captain Selene, hoping she could do something to calm him down.

"Oi, brat, get away from my girlfriend." He said.

"Wait...girlfriend?!" I questioned.

"I thought that was obvious." Selene, said as she turned her head to face me. She looks back at my Captain. "Levi, leave the kid alone. Don't punish him just cause he's clingy to me. He ain't hitting on me in any way."

I node vigorously, agreeing with Captain Selene. Captain Levi gave me a death glare.

"Hey I know, how about I teach him a trick or two while you watch." Captain Selene said, touching Captain Levi's shoulder.

Levi noded, he went to stand by.

"Eren, grip on me as tight as you can while you're behind me as it was a sneak attack." Selene requested bluntly.

My face turned red. I hope Levi didn't mind me doing this, I'm merely listening to what Selene tells me to.

I grab Selene as tight as I can, trying to avoid her personal area.

"Hhnngg! Good! But sometimes it doesn't work the way you want it to." Selene said while she had a slight struggle.

Or so I thought.

The next minute I was gripping on Selene as tight as I could, next I get a punch in the face. More or less a sideways punch.

Selene punched me. But how? I gripped her tight as I could. I realized her arms were free. Is that a common mistake some thieves or even rapists make?

"Now, to pull that trick, you need an open mind. Think, relax, then act. I'm sure you're wondering how I side punched you." Selene crossed her arms as she stepped into my view.

I try to node, still trying to process what happened.

"Well, even though you were holding me tight, my arms were still free. Quite a common a mistake, so keep that in mind. Use your best hand, twist your torso and foot if you have to, then punch them as hard as you can. I'll show you one more time, only this time, without actually hurting you."

I stand up, gripping onto her again.

"Now, you place one of your hands on the opponent's arms.  Your punching hand up like this, while doing the action, you push the opponent's arms down to get yourself free while side punching them." She explained and showed.

Now I understand. "What if the opponent's grip is too strong or you're not strong enough?" I asked.

"Rely on another obstacle for them. Stepping on their foot, backwards head butt, anything can work." She explained once more. "I've gotta continue training with my squad. I'll talk to you later Mr.Jeager." She winks at me, then walks to her squad.