•6•

My ringtone blasting from beside my head on the pillow, drags me from my nap that I never knew I needed.

It's Matty.... I'm instantly smiling.

"Yo, I'm here!"

My mind takes a few seconds to click on to what he's talking about. "What time is it?" I ask through a yawn, but already pull the phone away to check myself.

"I know. I'm late. Had a few things to sort out. You going to let me in then, the doors locked!" He states, and then I hear him banging against the glass on the door like a lunatic.

I bolt down the stairs. My phone still pressed up to my ear and swing the door open.

"Aup" he says, now stood in front of me, but still on the phone with me. Hearing it echo down the line half a second after it leaves his mouth. Before he throws me a cheeky grin.

"Hey" I smile back. We both end the call and put our phones away. "You're late!" I scold, just as he pulls me in for a hug.

He grins away with a careless shrug when we part. "And you're looking...." his head drops to the side lightly, his eye line drops to my chest, only having a vest on - with no bra. "Rather perky, I must admit!" He smirks, trying and failing to hide he was amused right now.

"Matty!" I scold, throwing a hand up to his chest to slap him lightly. Finding him being as cheeky as always.

He steps into the house and flings the door shut behind him so it slams shut. "Go get dressed then. The lads are having a party" he states, pointing up the stairs gesturing for me to hurry up.

"A party?" I quiz, looking back at him as we both make our way up to my room.

He throws himself on my bed carelessly, flinging his arms round the back of his head, legs stretched out straight, crossed at the ankles.

"Yeah, a kind of leaving party" he says warily, knowing it's still a touchy subject for us.

"Feet!" I scold. Knocking the bottom of his legs off my bed.

Rather than taking in what he just said previously and dwelling on the inevitable, I quickly ask him for tips on what to wear.

*********

"Will I do?" I ask, having gone against Matty's choice of my black skin tight dress that I haven't worn in two years that restricts my breathing. And opted for my black and yellow plaid skirt, with a black jumper, black knee socks and black docs.

"Give us a twirl then?" He orders, twiddling his finger round to motion me giving him a spin. Another grin etched across his face, now sitting up.

I do as he says with my hands out. Smiling boldly to myself. Always feeling a new sense of confidence with this boy around.

"Nice!" He mutters. "And again" he grins. "Again, bit quicker this time..."
I roll my eyes but do it both times.

"And another. Faster!"

And it's not until then I realise what the pervert is actually doing, as my skirt fans out the faster I go. Leaving me all on show.

I take a run and jump, landing straight on his laid out body. But he's a hell of a lot faster and stronger than me. He immediately begins attacking me with tickles. "No please, don't do this!" I beg through my laughter. "Matty I'll pee!" He knew just how ticklish I was. And I knew he never stops or back down until he says so.

"Who's the best???" He taunts as I continue to kick and thrash.

"WHO'S THE BEST?!" He repeats louder when I refuse to give in.

"YOU ARE!" I shout. Finally feeling like I can suddenly breathe now he's stopped.

I drop beside him breathlessly. In sync, we both look to the side at each other and smile.

"I'm gonna miss you" I admit openly. Not even aware I wanted to voice my thoughts then.

"Tonight's not for goodbyes" he says and throws an arm around me before pulling me into him. "Not just yet" he whispers and kisses my head.

Yet again, that feeling, the confusion.... what was happening to me around this boy that had always been like a brother to me more than anything else in the past.

"Shall we get going then?" He asks, sitting up suddenly.

"You're going like that?"

He stands and instantly looks down at himself like what I just asked was stupid.

"And what's wrong with this?" He glances down again, not getting what I mean and begins pulling at his t-shirt and pouts straight at me.

.

I fight against a smirk.

"Well I mean.... you...."

"I'm effortlessly flawless. Look at me!" He shouts out. Playing annoyed with me. His hands now on his hips, giving me sass.

"You haven't even shaved!" I laugh.

His eyes roll at my comment. "You know how long it's taken me to grow this?" he scoffs and then sets off to leave, grabbing at my hand and pulling me behind him again.

The second I'm in the passenger seat, a can of beer is passed straight to me. "You've some catching up to do. Belt up, you ready?" He grins, before throwing me a famous cheeky wink of his.

Leaving butterflies in my stomach for the first time in my life.

Oh, shit!.....