chapter 58

One week later

“where are you heading off to?” namjoon asked as he leaned against the frame of Diana’s bedroom door and watched her apply lip gloss on her lips, “I have a date” she responded and rolled her eyes at namjoon who stormed over to her in disapproval.

“no, you’re still recovering, you can’t leave this mansion, you’d faint or get a headache” namjoon lectured and Diana sighed, “Dr kimsung said I’ll be good in a week and it’s been a week, just say you want to spend more time with me and go, besides, you have work to do”Diana reckoned and namjoon cursed under his breath though Diana heard and smirked a bit.

“who do you even have a date with?” namjoon quizzed, his voice sounding careless and uninterested though he wasn’t. Diana’s eyes lit up like she was a child seeing candy for the first time, “seojoon! I missed him so much!” she squealed causing namjoon to scoff, unable to hide his jealousy, “what about me? Don’t you miss me?” he asked, pouting a bit.

Dianagave him a confused look, as if asking him to repeat his question because she didn’t believe that he would ask something like that but namjoon returned a serious look, hinting that it was exactly what she thought it was.

“you’ve been glued to my side ever since I came out, how could I possibly miss you? Get a grip of yourself-” chided in annoyance which made namjoon angrier than he should be.

“why don’t you go on a date with me then?” namjoon blurted out because of his emotions, he was shocked because of his own words and wanted to explain but he didn’t even know what to say so his lips formed a thin line.

“because you’re my boss, its unprofessional and I am not interested in you” Diana deadpanned and namjoon wanted to cry then and there. He swallowed thickly, his chest tightening and his hands forming into a fist. He left Diana’s bedroom abruptly and stormed into the garden where he will kill some pumpkins.

Time skip

Diana walked into the restaurant and immediately all eyes were on her but it wasn’t in a positive way. The people at the restaurant felt intimated and disgusted and some of them walked out of the restaurant because of her but Diana paid no mind as she strutted over to seojoon’s table.

He stands up on greet her and kisses her on her cheeks, “hello Diana, you look beautiful as always” he muses and Diana returns a kind smile, “don’t look so bad yourself” and he chuckles.

They sit down and Diana’s heart beating gets out of control so she decides to distract herself by looking at the menu whilst of course stealing a few glances at seojoon who looked nervous.

“are you alright?” Diana asked and seojoon seemed to have snapped out of his trance, “yeah -yeah I’m alright” he responds then takes a big gulp of his water. There was a short silence between the two. Diana was expectant which made her a little nervous and seojoon was trying his best to formulate his words.

“so- so how are you feeling? Are you fully- fully recovered?” he asks shakily and Diana cocks an eyebrow at him, “I’m as fine like wine, are you alright, seo?” Diana asked with concerned eyes as they made eye contact but seojon quickly looked down, knowing what was going to happen didn’t made him feel alright at all.

There was a long silence between the two, filled with tension. Seojoon looked like he was going to explode any minute now while Diana watched him tentively but scared. The air was thick for her and she was staring feel as if she couldn’t breathe. She had a strong feeling that something bad was going to happen and not having any idea about what it was, it left Diana at a place of despair and dependency, waiting for him to say something-

“I’m sorry” seojoon spoke so suddenly and Diana was able to capture all the emotions in his voice, why did he sound so sad but so scared all of sudden? Why was he even apologizing? Diana in her baffled state, made eye contact with seojoon again, he looked as if he hadn’t said a word but his eyes said so much, they wanted to say so much more.

“I am so sorry” he said with his voice cracking, his features frowned, showing deep regret and damn, if Diana wasn’t confused before, she sure is now. Instead of responding or asking questions, Diana decided to remain quiet until it was an appropriate moment to speak, seojoon looked like he had a lot to say so she will just have to wait.

“i didn’t mean to lead you on like this- it was part of a plan, ia m married man, i am so sorry Diana. Gosh- i did mean to lead you on but i wasn’t thinking my plans through and im sorry about that” he apologizes with utmost sincerity in his voice and in his eyes.

Diana stayed silent again even though her heart felt broken since she thought that she had a chance with him. She was anticipating for him to say more, to explain this plan all while trying not to cry.

“i wanted to hurt namjoon but its not worth it, what he did to me years ago could never be as equally fucked up as this. I can’t face him anymore, thats why im fleeing after telling you about all this-“ he stopped, taking a long pause as if to recollect himself since he felt as if he was spiralling.

“i don’t even know why im telling you this because even if you tell him, its gonna hurt more, coming from someone that he adores. I swear i never meant to keep this a secret but its long overdue and it has to come out, namjoon, really doesn’t deserve this”

“can you just tell me already?!” Diana slams her hand on the table out of impatience and frustration making a tear slip from her eye.

“9 years ago-

Time skip

Diana sat in the back of the car, staring out the window tring to distract herself fby watching the rain drops on the glass but her4 lips were quavering as everything seojoon told her replayed in her mind.

This was unfair, life was unfair.

Diana shakily sighed which was a gateway for her to begin choking on her tears. She didn’t care if the chaffuer had been watching her the mirror, it was too much for her to bare alone, namjoon needed to know and hwasa needed to be sent to hell.

Oopss

 Not edited, did this on the school library’s computer.

AND SORRY FOR THE LONG UPDATE, LIFE IS HARRRD