Chapter 5 - BITE

BITE - Troye Sivan

TW for:
-Self-Harm
----------------------------

Sal paused at the voice. Travis? Why was he here so late? He realized he had probably been silent for too long and held his head.

"No... I-I mean, well... yes, but you can come up anyways... just be quiet." he said, hanging up as he tossed his phone on his bed, then went to his door to unlock it, sneaking out quietly, glancing at his dad's sleeping form in the living room. He was surprised he didn't wake him when he stormed up earlier.

He opened the front door quietly, waiting by it for Travis. Once he saw him, Travis nodded and quickly made his way inside, then to Sal's room. Sal closed the front door, then went to his room and closed the door, locking it.

He barely had time to turn around before Travis crushed him in a hug. Sal stumbled, still feeling the effects of the alcohol before blinking and hugging him back. Travis sighed in relief, and it sounded like he was close to tears. "I was so afraid you'd say no... you've been avoiding us, a-and I thought that I did something, o-or that you just didn't want to be our friend, or..." he trailed off, pulling back and looking at Sal, "y-you don't hate us right? I-I heard you yelling about Larry..." he said quietly.

Sal felt a little overwhelmed, holding his head, "c-can we sit?" he asked, swaying a little. "Lotta stuff to unpack there..." he mumbled. Travis nodded, "yeah, of course!" he said, starting to Sal's bed and pausing as his foot hit the vodka bottle on the floor. He blinked and kneeled, picking it up and turning to face Sal. Sal avoided his gaze, sitting on the edge of his bed, holding his bruising knuckles with a sigh.

Travis hesitated before sitting beside him, "you're really struggling... aren't you?" he asked softly. Sal looked at him, blinking. Why wasn't he yelling at him? Shouldn't he be mad? Instead, he was met with another hug, and he felt himself fall apart. He hugged Travis tightly, loud, ugly sobs wracking through his body. Travis didn't say anything, just rubbed his back in small circles, letting him get it all out.

Sal pulled back, sniffling, "L-Larry and I had a huge f-fucking fight because of me... he never wants to see me again, a-and... I deserve it..." he shook his head. Travis shook his head, "I don't know what happened, but... it's obvious that you're not in the right state of mind..." he said quietly. "He should have realized that... maybe tried to talk to you when you were sober..." he added.

Sal sniffed, wanting desperately to wipe the tears from under his mask. "I didn't want to be alone tonight..." he admitted quietly, looking down. Travis hummed, "that makes two of us..." he sighed. "Dad kicked me out. I didn't really want to sleep in my truck again, and... I didn't really expect you to answer, but I'm so glad you did..." he said with a small smile. "Now neither of us are alone, right?" he asked.

Sal sniffed, smiling a little. "I-I guess not..." he said, looking down. He then glanced up. "Do... you mind if I take off my prosthetic?" he asked. He knew it had taken years to show Larry, but at least if Travis wanted out, he had the opportunity early. Travis blinked, "Oh, no, I don't mind!" he said, "do you want me to like, face away or something? I-I don't mind..." he said, rubbing the back of his head.

Sal shook his head, unclasping it and hesitating before slowly lowering it, setting it on his dresser. He took the opportunity to wipe the remaining tears from his cheeks, feeling relieved to be able to breathe freely. He glanced at Travis's shocked expression, looking away glumly.

"It's ok if you want to leave now..." he said quietly. Travis shook his head, "N-No! I just..." he blushed and glanced away. "N-Nevermind..." he muttered.

Sal didn't press, rubbing his knuckles again. Travis glanced over, frowning and gently taking his hand, "did you deck Johnson or something?" he asked with a smirk. Sal huffed out a small laugh, "no... my dresser was the victim..." he said. "Larry only got some pushes and... a slap." he blushed.