Chapter 1: Engagement

The Igarashi group is the rising conglomerate in Japan. Mr. Igarashi holds the highest share in the company.

On the other hand, Mr. Sakurai holds the second largest share in the company.

Wanting to keep their shares, the two businessmen agreed to arrange their children in a marriage.

"Your daughter is such a beauty," Mr. Igarashi said upon seeing Mr. Sakurai's company that night.

"Thank you, sir. I am Chiyo Sakurai," said the girl as she slightly bows in respect.

Mr. Igarashi looks at his son signifying that he must introduce himself as well.

"Nice meeting you, Chiyo. I am Tora Igarashi. Your beauty cannot be compared to others, am I even worthy enough to be called as your husband?"

Chiyo giggled after Tora had kissed the back of her hand.

"Nice meeting you," she replied, "You do not have to compliment me that much."

As they have their dinner, they all agreed to the arranged marriage.

But as Chiyo stares at the eyes of her fiance, she sees something different.

When the two of them were left alone, a black-haired guy came up and whispered something to Tora.

"I apologize but something came up that needs immediate attention," Tora said to her. "I'm afraid I must leave earlier."

"No, don't be sorry. I am fine by myself," Chiyo replied. "I hope everything goes well on your side."

As she watches her fiance leave, a sad smile was formed on her lips.

"He is definitely drawing a line between us," she mumbled to herself as she looks at the city lights.

"I found the cafe where Misaki is working at. The documents to buy the building are already prepared," Maki informed.

"Good. Now, let's go and give them a surprise visit," Tora said with a smirk.

"That Misaki had just stepped on me. And she has to pay back ten times fold," Tora thought as he remembers the cute angry face of Misaki.

"Why are you so caught up to that woman?" Maki asked. "Could it be that you cannot take your eyes off of her?"

Tora simply smiled.