Chapter 5: Engagement Party

"I'll come and get you at 7:30," Tora said to his fiancée as they take their exit from the campus.

"Okay," Chiyo simply replied, "I'll be waiting."

She waved goodbye as Tora entered his car and drove away. Tonight will be their formal engagement and despite what happened before, Chiyo is looking forward to the party.

With a smile, she went home and immediately prepared herself. She tied her long brown hair into a bun and let loose some locks of her hair. She applied some make-up on and puts some pale pink lipstick. Just after she finished, Maki called her which she immediately answered.

"Chiyo, I apologize but you have to go to the venue yourself," he said. "Something came up and Tora has to deal with it now before it becomes a bigger problem."

Her smile slowly turned upside-down as she felt that Tora is once again drawing a line of boundary between them.

"Okay," she replied, "If you need some help; please do not hesitate to ask me."

"Understood," Maki stated before ending the call.

She bit her lip as she goes downstairs and called her driver. She gripped her hands tightly while looking outside the window of the car. When she arrived at the hotel, Tora was there and volunteered to open the door for her. He held out his arm like a gentleman and she gently slid her arm on his as they make their entrance.

A lot of well-known people attended and are very much delighted to see the couple. They socialized without leaving each other's side and how Chiyo wished that it wouldn't last.

"I couldn't ask for another partner," Tora said as if he is so sincere with his words, "My fiancée is the woman a man could ask for."

In that party, Tora boasted to everyone how lucky he is to Chiyo as his partner but every word he had spoken was nothing else but lies. Chiyo knows that more than any other. His eyes were not that bright; his smiles are not genuine compared to the smiles he wears every time he thinks and sees Misaki.

After the party, they rested at the hotel suite. Tora sat down and tiredness very much seen in his eyes.

"I should call Maki to come and get you," Chiyo volunteered but before she could even hold her phone, Tora declined.

"Don't even bother," he said. "You should go back home and rest."

"There he is again," Chiyo thought, "He is drawing a line again. He's drifting away from me."