Chapter 8: Surprise

Chiyo had no choice left but to enter their apartment again. She slowly opened the door and tiptoed towards the bedroom just to keep away Tora's attention who is cooking at the kitchen.

She opened the closet and saw her clothes hanging. She lets out a sigh before grabbing her pajamas and went to the bathroom to freshen up. While taking her shower, she couldn't help it but feel nervous. She had never expected this to happen so fast.

She is still mad at Tora and them living together won't make it up to her especially that he had been with her stepsister the other day.

She snaps out from her thoughts when she heard a knock on the door.

"Will you stay in there until you drown? Come out, dinner is ready," Tora said and she heard his footsteps becoming faint as he leaves.

She put on her clothes before getting out from the bathroom for she is afraid Tora might suddenly see her naked if she changes in the bedroom.

"AH!" she yelped when she saw Tora standing by the door when she thought he had left just a little while ago.

"Why do you look so scared?" he teased before heading to the kitchen. Chiyo took a deep inhale and a long exhale to calm her nerves.

They ate together on the small dinner table. No one spoke, only the clashing of the spoon and fork against the plate could be heard.

"Do you have any plans tomorrow?" Tora suddenly asked which caused Chiyo to almost let go the glass of water.

"Yes, I'll be staying at a friend's house overnight," she replied.

That was the only conversation they had until Chiyo had gone to bed. She stared at the king-sized bed and her mind had gone to the clouds. She did not even noticed when Tora had entered and saw her absentminded state. He sat down on the right side of the bed and gazed at Chiyo, enjoying the view of her imagining mode.

"So, did I already stripped you naked?" he teased her which made her come back to her senses.

"W-w-what the hell are you saying?!" she yelled at him. "We're not yet married so you better keep your hands to yourself."

"I wasn't even doing anything," Tora replies, "It's you who's imagining dirty things."

"I am just thinking of my schedule tomorrow," Chiyo defended.

Tora simply shook his head and lied down. Chiyo just stood there, fighting herself if it's really appropriate to sleep with him or not.

"Will you sleep while standing?" Tora asked with his eyes closed.

"Why aren't you sleeping on the couch?" Chiyo asked back.

"This is also my bedroom. What use of a bed if I won't sleep on it? Just go to sleep like you usually do. i won't touch even a single strand of your hair," he told her so she went on the other side of the bed and tucked herself.

"Unless you want me to," Tora added.

"NO! I DON'T WANT TO!" Chiyo replied immediately which made Tora chuckle for he is amused with her reaction.

The next day, Chiyo left early for school, leaving Tora still asleep. She managed to breath with relief when she got out from the building. That day was hectic for her since their exam is coming close. She stayed the whole day at school reviewing and when it's already 7pm, she packed up for she is to head to Yuki's house for their research.

While waiting for a taxi, she got a call from Yuki.

"Sorry, Chiyo. My mom suddenly collapsed and we're in the hospital now. I need to take care of her since my sister has a work this night," she apologized.

"I see. Don't worry about it, I'll finish what I can finish. Take care," she replied. Yuki once again apologized before hanging up.

Since Chiyo is not really excited to go back to the apartment, she decided to walk back which almost took her an hour before finally reaching the building.

She was about to open the door but she suddenly felt a surge of chill on her spine which made her uneasy. She gulped and thought if she would open the door or not. She gathered her courage and opened it as slowly as she can and she walked in as silent as possible.

Upon stepping in the living room, what she heard made her dumbfounded. She stood there without moving with her eyes closed and her hands closed into fists. She tried her best, she really did. She tried her best not to shed anymore tears but as she hears the moans of pleasure coming from their bedroom, her heart breaks, her heart shatters.