Chapter 9

Chiyo gathered all her strength. She's the fiancee, she has every right to teach the bitch whom her fiance had brought home. She lets out an exhale and courageously walked towards the bedroom as she wipes off her tears.

But before she could hold the doorknob, someone covered her mouth and dragged her out of the apartment. Chiyo managed to free herself when they are out and her blood boils in anger as Maki apologizes to her.

"How could you tolerate this?! Tora brought a bitch and freaking fucking her right on our bed!!" She exclaimed in anger as tears run down her face again.

"You shouldn't take it to heart, Chiyo. It's just pure business," Maki replied which just added to her fury.

"Business? I never thought you two are doing some filthy prostitution!" she yelled before walking away.

That night was torture for Chiyo. Every time she tried to sleep, the moans of the woman keep on echoing in her mind. She wanted to call off their engagement, she wanted to quit. This had been such a tough experience for her.

At the middle of the night, she decided to send a message to Tora.

"Meet me after class. I want to talk about something important," she read her message before sending it.

She only managed to get only few hours of sleep before leaving their house early the next morning. Upon entering the room, one of her classmates blab once again.

"I saw Tora and Diana last night," she started with a smirk. "They both got out from an apartment and judging from Chiyo's stepsister, they seemed to have had some love."

Chiyo got on her seat and kicked the table which startled everyone. She looked at them with disgust.

"Shut that mouth or I'll cast you and your family out to the streets," she said before turning away.

The hours had ran so fast that Chiyo's last class is finally finished. While fixing her things, Tora entered their classroom. Whens she saw him, she wanted to let out her anger and hit him but her eyes fell on Tora's neck when she saw the scarf she knitted.

All her anger and build-up frustration had gone down the drain in an instant.

"How did..." she stopped mid-sentence for she is speechless. She does not know what to say anymore. She could vividly remember how she had thrown her gift on the trash bin before but how can it be being worn by Tora?

"It would be impolite not to wear mt fiancee's handmade scarf, wouldn't it?" he smirked.

Chiyo smiled at him with her sweetest smile.

"I feel truly flattered but still, I want our engagement to end. Please, do cooperate with me so I could convince my father and yours," she said.

"Why would I?" Tora scoffed.

"Then, I shall tell father the truth and have Diana confirm it," Chiyo said before leaving but what Tora said made her feel hopeless.

"Diana has her lips sealed," he stated, "Whatever you do, you won't be able to cut off yourself from this engagement. Don't try 'cause I'll make sure you'll fail the worst possible way."

"Then, just marry Diana. I no longer want this. I could not live such life," Chiyo said, "So please, let's just end this."

"If you could not endure now, that only shows how unsuitable you are to become my wife," Tora said before walking away.