Chapter 7: Moving In

The next day after Tora's birthday, Chiyo has gone to school with her eyes still red due to her breakdown the other night. Yet, she pretended to be okay like she always does.

At the hallway, she sees Maki who came and approached her with the gift she had left when she ran away.

"I know this is for Tora but it would be best if you give it to him personally," he said as he handed her the gift. Chiyo did not say anything. She just got the gift and continued to walk.

When she saw the trash bin, she walked towards it and stopped a few steps from it. She stared at the gift and fought with herself if she would give it or she should just throw it away.

"How long will you keep on staring at it?"

Chiyo was a bit shocked when she saw Tora staring at her as he leans on the wall wearing his infamous killer smirk. She did fall for that smile again but how long will she stubbornly love him? She knows that she does not have any chance to be with him romantically and it would really be foolish of her to continue being stupid.

"Will you give it to me or not?" Tora asked as he puts his hands in his pockets.

"I..." Chiyo hesitated.

"I what?" he teases her. His smile is devious, he knows her and no matter what, he knew she will always be back for him.

"This gift," Chiyo said as she hardens her expression, "It's for no one."

After saying such, she threw the box right on the trash which made Tora a bit surprised. He watched her leave and another devilish smile curled up on his lips.

After classes, Chiyo was about to head home but her driver took her somewhere else.

"Why did you bring me here?" she asks as she looks at the tall building.

"Sir Tora said to bring you here at your new place. You'll be at room 406," the driver replied before leaving.

With her curiosity taking over her, she went up to room 406 and saw Tora waiting by the door.

"What is this?" she asks.

"It's the apartment that my father gave to you," he replied as they enter the room, "and me."

Chiyo glared at him and said, "And by that you mean?"

"Just like what you want, we'll be living under the same roof," he said.

"Like what I want? I never asked for something like this," she defended.

"C'mon, Diana heard you blabbering about it to your maids," Tora teased which had hurt her more. She heaved a sigh before walking out of the room without saying anything. She is about to ride the elevator when her father called.

"Chiyo, your things are already at the apartment. Tora had brought them. Be a good girl and get along with him," her father said which struck her frozen solid.