Chapter 3: Party

After the Butler Contest held by Maki's family, a party was held for the participants and to also commemorate the success of the contest.

"You invited her?" Tora asked Maki upon seeing the lists of invited guests.

"You would not die if she came," Maki replied.

"Chiyo will just be a nuisance," Tora stated as he gives the list back. "Make sure she doesn't make a scene."

As the party started, Tora could not help himself but look around as if looking for someone. He suddenly rose up from his seat when the crowd looked at the entrance. Murmurs filled the room as Chiyo enters wearing a floral kimono. Her face slightly turned pink when she noticed the eyes of the guests rested on her.

Upon seeing her fiance, she felt relieved but it was short-lived. Her chest tightened when she saw the disappointment plastered all over Tora's face.

"i have to settle things with Tora," Chiyo heard a familiar voice and when she turned to look, her guess was right. A woman with shoulder-length hair and pair of mesmerizing black eyes came, Misaki.

Chiyo simply seated at the room's corner, not having an appetite and feeling down. She wished she had never attended the party.

"I'm glad to finally see you," she heard Tora's voice. As she looked behind the fountain of champagne, Tora was there with Misaki.

"There are prying eyes so we better go talk somewhere private," Tora suggested as he leads Misaki to the second floor and disappeared in one of the rooms.

Chiyo's curiosity got the better of her so she followed them. Upon hearing the mumbling at the far end door, she hesitated. she knew too well that Tora hated being disturbed or being pried on. But when she heard a loud cry from Misaki, her hair stood at its end, her mind fighting over if she should interrupt them or not.

Misaki's voice grew louder but Chiyo could not hear her clearly. Thinking that the girl is in trouble, she gathered her courage and knocked on the door and opens it.

Inside the dim-lit room, she saw Tora's arm wrapped around Misaki's back while his other hand held her cheek as if ready to kiss her. The moonlight that passes through the glass window helped Chiyo to clearly see what the two are up to.

"Get lost!" Misaki yelled as she pushed Tora away and rushed out of the room, passing her by who is still stunned by the door.

When they are the only ones left, Tora sat by the couch as if nothing had happened. He glanced over Chiyo and permitted her to enter and close the door.

"When did you learn to stick your nose in somebody else's business?" Tora is mad, Chiyo is sure of that and she does not know how to respond to him. If she explains her side, it would just add up to his anger.

"Go back home and wait for me to call," he instructed. "Next time you show up unnecessarily, you'd regret doing so."