iii°

"Where were you?" Her father threw his suspicion soon as she entered the house, returning late evening when she left late morning.

The female paused in fear when she heard his voice that sent her shivers. If he knew she went to meet up with a guy it'd be her last fear.

Unfortunately she wasn't the only person who feared her father but it applied to the rest of the family members.

Despite how her fear reduced than it was in her childhood, she still despised his demeanor.

Her eyeballs peeked through the corner of her eyes on the left to catch her father on the dinning table to eventually turn around fully, facing him with weak confidence.

"She was out with her friends." Her mother responded that was busy working in the kitchen around the old man.

At least her mother had the power to convince him.

He sighed which indicated he believed it because apparently, Eve didn't have friends, and her mother had her back in most cases unless she does something too bad.

"Your life changes will start appearing starting from tomorrow, be responsible." He warned her in a firm tone and all she did was to nod before taking small steps towards the stairs to gradually grow her speed when she stepped upstairs. She just needed to evade his lecture.

═════

Flashbacks to what happened earlier; she got irritated with the fact that he decided to walk next to her and it wasn't because of anything besides her assuming that he perhaps thought she was the type to go easy on men for being handsome and supposedly 'nice' when they're just flirting, specially after that drink incident and that he's a stranger.

But she still didn't mind making girls jealous by walking next to that face.

"What do you want?" She asked in a slight fretful voice and he did nothing than letting out a light chuckle as it only proved him that he knew he was successfully teasing her.

The walk went silent after that but the awkwardness was soon interrupted with the female trying to break through it. "What do you do?" As in, his profession.

As the male himself felt the heavy atmosphere around them choking him, he was entirely relieved when she spoke. The reason he remained silent the entire time was the fear of being repelled by her which might ache his pride.

A corner of his tiers raised only to respond with. "Lots of stuff."

An immediate scoff emitted by hearing his response. She couldn't come with what she's supposed to take that as; a joke, a brag, or anything a pretty face can come up with.

A sigh of exhaustion left her throat before she began to point out randomly yet casually. "University sounds like a pain."

His brows raised in astonishment soon when he heard the word university among her sentence.

He walked past her and turned around, facing her to walk backwardly. He gave her a stare with the straw through the corner of his stretched lips that were forming a smirk.

She gave him a scowl as in 'what'. He inhaled some air, filling his lungs in a visible manner before exhaling a sigh. "So you're this big years old to be in a university."

Eve licked the surface of her layers forming a soft hint of a smirk before responding. "Do I look this young for you to be surprised?"

A brief almost inaudible scoff reached her eardrums before she watched him turn around to walk forwardly.

"You look 13." He complimented and it only took her a second to take it as an insult after taking it as an actual compliment the 0.5 seconds.

"I get it, I'm short." She deadpanned and he continued right after her. "And small, petit, your face, it's a baby like." After a pause, he added. "Also yes you're short."