viii°

In the centre of the lounge room seated Eve on the right side end next to the armrest over the bigger couch with two smaller sofas on each portion of the furniture placed over the white furry carpet underneath them. A coffee table settled on the middle with smaller tables on the sides of the larger couch for small lamps. On the front wall was the huge television attached to the wooden layer of wall behind it compared to the painting of the house that was different to that specific structured spot.

Her eyes managed to take a tour around the surroundings with every frame and corner. Nothing was interruptible besides the weak voice that emerged from one of the rooms that wasn't yet visible and seen by Eve. After the tiny girl appeared to her vision, the previous blank expression that took over her face rather than altering, it transformed and fell to the way for her jaw to drop to gape. She did not aim to exaggerate but she was distinctly bewildered, puzzled and very uneasy. Seeing a young lady exiting the house earlier and then a little child, both in the same roof in less than ten minutes had to act as a riddle in a game.

He didn't precisely say he lived alone, but the way her brain distorted by the floods of thoughts that went through it in small seconds left her in jolt that she nearly had a concussion.

"Wha..."

It was all merely done due to the assumption that the little girl could be his daughter and that woman who walked out was his spouse. At least that's what's shown on the outer layer of the picture. A girl, at such age when she looked like a fresh adult or she has almost crossed teenage. Although what bolstered such theory was his probable old age. She didn't precisely know how old he exactly is but she recalls his words when he admitted he's old enough.

She wouldn't deny that despite his flawless skin was spotless, clean from wrinkles and sleek, she could see it from his eyes that there's a possibility of him being near his thirties.

Every thought passed through her head when her torso twisted for her face to spin all the way to the back side to peer into the little girl's fists on her eyes, rubbing the pair while the male exited the kitchen to approach the smaller frame who stood near the stools of the bar just behind the couch Eve was settled on. He slightly bent for his head to reach a near level to her height as he started speaking. An unfamiliar language.

His larger hand over the top of the teeny head, fondling it and stroking her hair in such soothing manner, Eve could capture the kid falling drowsy to his touch but that's before his hand fell down to pinch those mounds on her face. Soon Eve caught the corner of his eyes locking her own into a gaze as he spoke to smaller and just as he unbent, she scooted towards the couch Eve seated on and that's when he proceeded to return to his work in the kitchen.

Leaving her behind, clueless, once again.

As she altered the position she took when her torso spun to it's original form, she eyed the little girl in a white nightgown with her black glistering strands down her shoulders which reached the centre of her entire body. The moment their eyes met, the little dropped a young sweet, 'hi, sister.'

Eve's brows naturally lifted in astonishment by hearing the way she was addressed.

"S--ister?"

The little hummed in thought which seemed as if she was preparing the phrase in her mind, trying to adjust them together to speak. "Brother.. said.. you my..." She shook her head in error before repeating. "Brother...said.. you sister."

By that, Eve understood what she meant but she couldn't rest the tension of her muscles amidst her brows by hearing the word 'brother'. What she couldn't comprehend was the reasoning behind that and why exactly 'sister'.