iv°

As much trust she had in her eyes, she was still convinced that they were failing her when they landed on the sight of his figure entering the class.

She assuredly has seen him in the university but it was blurry unlike that moment. She precisely did not expect him to portray himself as her music professor.

Unlike her eager self before he stepped to snatch it, she preserved tranquility after he appeared.

Being unfortunate as she was, everyone else she shared the class with knew how to hold an instrument, they at least had an idea of how it works meanwhile Eve, she's experiencing it for the first time, which meant she definitely needed the professor's attention the most and it's what she hated the at that moment.

She was too reluctant to look at him in the face, so asking for help was another story.

Petra noticed the difference in her behavior so she questioned her and Eve only lied that she had a light stomachache.

On the other hand, the professor noticed her sitting idle doing nothing but randomly pressing the piano keys so he approached her and instead of leaning in to ask regarding the hollow, he inclined his side frame against the instrument with his arms folded against his chest, just zeroing her down.

Eve sensed a figure passing from the corner of her vision which naturally forced her to lift her head to meet the view of him casually looking at her as if he wasn't caught by her the previous day.

She straight off averted her gaze elsewhere but his question grabbed her attention back only for her to retrieve him to her vision.

"What exactly are you here for?" His voice was firm without a drop shame but he merely acted like an ordinary professor so in order to refrain any further stiffness, she responded.

"To learn music?"

She heard nothing but a sigh from him that was enough to tell her it wasn't the answer he was desiring to hear, so she added. "It's my first time. I'm a noob."

He heaved another sigh before he pointed with his eyes for her to move to the side only for him to sit right next to her.

By that, he knew she's gonna need the most attention in class. He forwarded her only the basics and left her busy to focus on them except that, she couldn't. She already knew she's gonna be the sole person asking for help constantly and the most out of the class, but she wasn't aware that it's gonna be disruptive like that.

What irritated her the most was the fact that she was the one pickled and more timid than he is when it's supposed to be the other way round.

════

"Evelyn, you stay, I need a word with you."

She froze on her spot when she heard him call her by her full name followed by his order that halted her from exiting with the rest of the class.

She turned to face him. He was sitting on a stool just eyeing her which has naturally locked her gaze, enforcing her to stare back while the rest of the students were walking past them.

Once the class was empty, he stretched his arm backwardly to approach another stool behind him and right after he brought it in front of him, she got the hint and took the seat.

She was visibly inhaling and exhaling when her eyes fixated onto his, just eagerly waiting for him to spill in rush, since all he did was sit in front of her with a smirk and wordless. She didn't dare to be the one to break the silence and ask him regarding the incident so she allowed the awkwardness to prolong.

"What suddenly brought you from science to arts and music?" His honey voice was the first to fill the tranquility. Finally. Although it was frustrating how he's acting like nothing happened between them before, specially that he didn't seem to be astonished with a coincidence such as him being a professor in her university after what happened the days prior including the previous day.