Chapter 6 - Date

You were sitting at your desk writing up reports on the previous case since Strauss was not happy about the events that went down during the last case where you ended up getting shot and the rest of the team was not on scene when you and Reid had confronted the unsub. Little did she know about Reid's condition at the time. That would have set her off even more. While you w re filling out papers you overheard a conversation at Reid's desk behind you.

"Come on, pretty boy. You just have to go for it," Morgan tried to boost Reid.

"I'm not like you. I can't just walk up to a girl and instantly have them fall for me. I don't know how you do it," Reid sounded defeated.

"You have your own charm, kid. You just have to be confident," Morgan continued to encourage him.

"I've read so many articles. Yet, I still am unsure how to go about this," Reid sighed.

"You can't rely on articles when it comes to roma-," Morgan began to say.

"It was a good article," He interrupted.

"I'm sure it was," Morgan laughed. "Go ask her out before I do it for you."

"You wouldn't," Reid perked up.

You heard footsteps walk away and assumed it was Morgan. Spence asking out a girl. Who could he be talking about? Maybe he had a secret life outside the BAU nobody knew about bedsides Morgan apparently. You felt a certain way about this. Jealousy? You tried brushing it off. Then you thought back to your birthday night and how you wanted to kiss him when he dropped you off back home. Jealousy. You sighed into your papers.

"Y/N?" Reid stood in front of your desk startling you.

   "Oh Spence, hey," You looked up at him brushing off that he practically jump scared you.

"Did I startle you?" He frowned.

"No, you're fine. I'm just trying to finish this up," You reassured him.

    "Well, I was wondering if you would-," He was interrupted by Hotch.

    "The jet is ready. I'll explain when we're on," Hotch ordered and headed out.

    You looked up at Spencer who sighed and went to grab his spare clothes bag. Once the team boards the jet everyone sits around each other to view the small monitor Garcia is on. On our tablets a bar with a few people pop up with foam coming out of their mouths.

"My brother works at that bar," Hotch adds.

You and Spence were assigned to go to the scene and investigate the bodies. Once everything closed up at the bar you met back up with the team at the sheriff's office. The team had a lead at a building so everyone went to avoid the chaos that went down during the last case. Less paperwork for you to fill out. You entered the building with caution with a few members of the swat team slowly following behind. The team decided to split up since the building was so large. Throughout the building you heard echoes from the others "clear!". So far nobody appeared to be in there. Then you heard JJ shout for everyone to come where she was. The room she found was full of pictures of everyone on the team. There was a section for everyone, even Garcia. In the center of the room there was a singular wooden chair for someone to sit and admire their work. A portion of your pictures were of your birthday night with Reid.

"This is bigger than we thought," Hotch added. "Send pictures of this to Garcia."

    There was nothing else we could do at this point here, so Hotch made the decision to return back to Quantico. You sat next to Reid on one of the couches on the Jet.

    "What were you saying before we left?" You asked him.

    "I don't remember," He looked down at his book.

"Dr. Spencer Reid, you have an eidetic memory," You laughed and he shut his book.

    "I wanted to know if you wanted to go out with me," Reid looked you in the eyes.

    "Of course I would," You smiled.

"That's my boy!" Morgan exclaimed coming over to fist bump Spencer.

    Once the jet landed, Spencer came over to you.

    "It may be last minute, but can I pick you up tomorrow for our date?" He asked with a smile.

    "Why not," You took him up on the offer.

    You were exhausted from the case, but who would pass up on that offer. Reid came to your apartment complex the follow day right on time. He told you to dress somewhat formal for the occasion. You wore a cute knee length dress and flats. Reid wore a button down and tie. This wasn't a new look for him, but he was wearing formal shoes instead of his tennis shoes.

"Y/N," Spencer said holding the door for you.

    "Thank you, Dr. Reid," You smiled getting in the car.

    He took you to a nice restaurant where he had already made reservations. The table was set up for two people with a white cloth over top. A lit candle and singular rose in a vase sat in the center. He pulled your chair out for you.

"This is so nice, Spence," You sat.

    "I'm glad. I'm kind of new to this," He smiled his awkward smile.

"You're doing great," You took his hand on the table and held it.

    You both ate and talked about various topics. Reid would go off on tangents that you found cute. He would apologize when he realized he was doing it.

"I owe Morgan. I'm glad he gave me the courage to ask you out," Reid held onto your hand.

"I'm glad he did too," You smiled.

    After dinner Reid took you to a park to walk around. You could tell he was trying to hold your hand there, but was nervous too then. He had just held your hand at dinner but maybe this was different for him. You made the move and intertwined your hand with his. After an hour or so passed at the park he drove you home. Reid made sure you got home safely by walking you to your apartment door. It was late after all.

    "Thank you for tonight, Spence," You smiling looking into his eyes.

    "Of course," He smiled.

    Before you knew it, Reid's lips were pressed against yours. You couldn't help but blush at this. For a socially awkward doctor, he was actually a great kisser.

"Goodnight, Y/N," Reid said before leaving the complex.

Little did the two of you know that the person behind all the photographs had followed you on your date the entire time. Everything had been captured, including your kiss with Spence.