Chapter 17 - Trunk

Reid didn't sleep hardly, if any at all that night. You tried to get him to eat something in the morning, but he was too determined to get back to the BAU. You couldn't blame him. Diana, his mother, was missing after all. Not to mention that he just got out of jail. You couldn't imagine how he was feeling.

You quickly grabbed something to eat and got dressed. Reid was ready for work by the time you were. He was reading in the living room, patiently waiting on you. You drove the both of you to the BAU. The car ride was pretty silent. He wasn't supposed to be back as far as on duty went. He still needed to be evaluated and approved by the board in order to return back to work. But, nothing could keep him from this particular case.

Reid went straight to Garcia's bat cave. Jj walked over to you.

"Do you think Spence is ready to be back?" She asked.

"Honestly, I'm not sure. But, you know he's going to be involved in this case," You said.

"Of course," She nodded, agreeing.

Then, Garcia and Reid came out of her room in a hurry. Garcia was carrying one of her many laptops.

"Good news. I was able to get a signal off a cell phone tower connecting to Lindsey's phone at this gas station," Garcia said frantically.

Everyone piled into the vans in a hurry. Jj managed to convince Reid to stay back at the BAU. If Lindsey was there, who knows how he would react. He shouldn't be at the BAU currently to begin with.

When you arrived at the gas station, there was a single car parked at the pumps. The only person who was there was a single employee who managed the cash register. The employee was in a complete panic at the amount of cops and federal agents in his presence.

"She came in wanting some gas. Then one of those alerts came on the tv with her picture on it. She ran out the back door there," He said like he was being interrogated.

"Can you show me the security footage?" Emily walked over to him.

The employee nodded and led her to the back room. You went over to the car and started searching it for anything. When you opened the trunk, you couldn't believe what you were seeing. Diana was lying there, unconscious with her arms and legs tied up. She had a cloth wrapped around her mouth so she couldn't speak.

"Get an ambulance here!" You shouted as you checked her pulse.

Alvez came over and helped you carefully lift her out of the trunk. Jj called Reid to let him know that you had found her. Reid was going to meet up with her at the hospital. Once Diana was safe in the ambulance, you went back to searching the car. You found Lindsey's phone in the console. Garcia would be able to go through it, as well as the security footage. There wasn't anything else in the car as far as clues to assist with the case.

You went back to the BAU to give Garcia the phone and see if she had any other updates. By the time you got there, Reid had took your car to see his mom at the hospital. You sat with Garcia while she went through the phone. She was getting frustrated.

"Oh dear," Garcia looked worried.

"What's wrong?" You asked.

"It wasn't just Lindsey who framed our boy wonder," She looked up at you from the phone. "There's someone else."

It was almost like she needed a minute to process what she was about to say.

"Cat Adams."

——A/N——
Hope you enjoyed reading! It's been 2 months since the last update, so please bear with me! :)